DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   PING: Myford (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/123342-ping-myford.html)

steamer October 3rd 05 04:31 PM

PING: Myford

--Tried to send email to Myford Ltd this morning and it
bounced! Apparently there's a redirect or something going on so that
mail sent to goes somewhere else and disappears into a
black hole. Got this just now:
----------
When trying to deliver your message, the mail server at
saturn.cwcs.co.uk encountered
permanent problems with the following address:
For , the destination server said:
... Requested mail action not taken: mailbox
unavailable (from btconnect.com:194.73.73.216)
----------
--Is there any chance there's an rcm reader who could (gack!)
*mail* a copy of my email query to them? If so please contact me
directly. My Super 7B has a problem and I need to get it sorted out
ASAP.

--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : You just can't beat
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : cruisin' in a steamboat

Nigel Eaton October 4th 05 12:27 AM

In article , steamer
writes
--Tried to send email to Myford Ltd this morning and it
bounced! Apparently there's a redirect or something going on so that
mail sent to goes somewhere else and disappears into a
black hole. Got this just now:
----------
When trying to deliver your message, the mail server at
saturn.cwcs.co.uk encountered
permanent problems with the following address:
For , the destination server said:
... Requested mail action not taken: mailbox
unavailable (from btconnect.com:194.73.73.216)
----------
--Is there any chance there's an rcm reader who could (gack!)
*mail* a copy of my email query to them? If so please contact me
directly. My Super 7B has a problem and I need to get it sorted out
ASAP.

Ed,

Email me your question, and I'll give them a call tomorrow.

Email address in the headers is valid.

--
Nigel

When the only tools you have are a Bridgeport, a CNC Taig Mill, a Colchester
and assorted other stuff, every problem looks like a steam engine.

Abrasha October 6th 05 07:02 AM

steamer wrote:
--Tried to send email to Myford Ltd this morning and it
bounced! Apparently there's a redirect or something going on so that
mail sent to goes somewhere else and disappears into a
black hole. Got this just now:
----------
When trying to deliver your message, the mail server at
saturn.cwcs.co.uk encountered
permanent problems with the following address:
For , the destination server said:
... Requested mail action not taken: mailbox
unavailable (from btconnect.com:194.73.73.216)
----------
--Is there any chance there's an rcm reader who could (gack!)
*mail* a copy of my email query to them? If so please contact me
directly. My Super 7B has a problem and I need to get it sorted out
ASAP.

Why am I not surprised? That company is still stuck in the mid 19th
century.

Ever tried to get any decent information off their alleged web site?

Abrasha
http://www.abrasha.com

Chuck Sherwood October 6th 05 02:34 PM

Why am I not surprised? That company is still stuck in the mid 19th
century.
Ever tried to get any decent information off their alleged web site?

A couple year ago they didn't even have a web site. Seems like they
are making some progress.

I still like my super 7, even if it does leak oil....

chuck

[email protected] October 6th 05 11:01 PM

On 6 Oct 2005 13:34:06 GMT, (Chuck
Sherwood) wrote:

Why am I not surprised? That company is still stuck in the mid 19th
century.
Ever tried to get any decent information off their alleged web site?

A couple year ago they didn't even have a web site. Seems like they
are making some progress.

I still like my super 7, even if it does leak oil....

chuck

It's British. If it stops leaking oil it's past time to add more.
That said, mine leaks VERY little.

Mark Rand October 7th 05 11:24 PM

On Thu, 06 Oct 2005 18:01:12 -0400, wrote:

On 6 Oct 2005 13:34:06 GMT,
(Chuck
Sherwood) wrote:

Why am I not surprised? That company is still stuck in the mid 19th
century.
Ever tried to get any decent information off their alleged web site?

A couple year ago they didn't even have a web site. Seems like they
are making some progress.

I still like my super 7, even if it does leak oil....

chuck

It's British. If it stops leaking oil it's past time to add more.
That said, mine leaks VERY little.

Put more in, Quickly!

Mark Rand (who's got an ML7 _and_ a Triumph bike:-)
RTFM