Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Don Foreman

Default Spotting scopes redux

I did a simple test with my Burris Landmark 15x - 45x spotting scope
today. The target was lettering on a neighbor's boatlift at a
paced-off distance of 100 yards plus.

I could easily (no strain at all) make out letters that are .300 high
with .078" strokes -- as in the width of an I or the stem of a T.
I could read with "eye test" facility (read the smallest line you can
see) characters that were .187 high with .045" strokes. I could
easily discern individual blades of grass at the shore end of the
dock.

I would think that it would be very easy with this $200 scope to see
holes punched with a .22 in paper targets at 100 yards.

Light was good mid-afternoon light.

Tektronix 465 Scopes FS BoborAnn Electronics Repair 0 March 7th 05 12:00 AM
Wood Movement Redux toller Woodworking 1 January 29th 05 07:27 PM
Dovetail redux Chuck Hoffman Woodworking 6 January 28th 05 05:55 PM
Flight of the Phoenix redux Boris Beizer Metalworking 29 December 28th 04 08:59 AM