TT

Default Bike pulled pedicab. Help and/or anyone seen plans for these?

I'm looking to make a bike pulled pedicab (you know the ones you see in some
cities attached to bicycles and towing folks around for a fare). See
http://www.biketaxiusa.com.

1. Wondering if anyone has ever seen plans for these around? I know they're
not complex, but it would just be nice to have a gander at a set of plans.

2. How long do you suspect it would take your average metalworker to build
this?

3. Anyone know what kind of pivoting joint they'd use at the clamping point?
Needs to pivot left right up & down. I was thinking about using a U joint
type deal.

4. What wall thickness of steel tubing should I use?

5. Anything else I should consider before building?

I have an acquaintance that wants me to build one for him and I figured this
would be the best place to start.

Thanks!

-Tom

James Waldby

TT wrote:
I'm looking to make a bike pulled pedicab

[...]
See http://www.biketaxiusa.com.

1. Wondering if anyone has ever seen plans for these around? I know they're
not complex, but it would just be nice to have a gander at a set of plans.

[snip items 2-5]

No plans, but here's a picture of a bicycle rickshaw:
http://pat7.com/jp/img_2619c.jpg

Note that the frame is similar to that on these
three-wheeled propane-carrier bikes:
http://pat7.com/jp/img_2620c.jpg
http://pat7.com/jp/img_2642c.jpg

Cargo bikes can carry big loads and a few people:
http://pat7.com/jp/img_2701c.jpg
http://pat7.com/jp/img_2705c.jpg
TT

Nah, see I need to make one that is detachable, so that the bicycle itself
is rideable without the pedicab attached. Or that the pedicab can be
attached to another bicycle.

Thanks though, cool stuff!

-Tom

"James Waldby" wrote in message
TT wrote:
I'm looking to make a bike pulled pedicab

[...]
See http://www.biketaxiusa.com.

1. Wondering if anyone has ever seen plans for these around? I know

they're
not complex, but it would just be nice to have a gander at a set of

plans.
[snip items 2-5]

No plans, but here's a picture of a bicycle rickshaw:
http://pat7.com/jp/img_2619c.jpg

Note that the frame is similar to that on these
three-wheeled propane-carrier bikes:
http://pat7.com/jp/img_2620c.jpg
http://pat7.com/jp/img_2642c.jpg

Cargo bikes can carry big loads and a few people:
http://pat7.com/jp/img_2701c.jpg
http://pat7.com/jp/img_2705c.jpg

A New Kind Of Bike Too_Many_Tools Metalworking 2 April 12th 05 09:11 PM
rec.woodworking ANTI-FAQ Part 6 of 10 - Plans Luigi Zanasi Woodworking 0 April 1st 05 08:30 AM
FAQ Marlene & John Schwab Woodworking 2 October 23rd 03 12:47 AM
SEASONS GREETINGS BLOCKS Jack-of-all-trades - JOAT Woodworking 2 September 8th 03 05:06 PM
Plans Tom Watson Woodworking 4 August 23rd 03 03:57 AM