That guy

Default Tin, where are you?

Hello all, first posting.

I was hoping someone could help me find a source for tin. Not soft white
metal, or tinplated steel, but the actual element Tin represented by Sn.
I am amazed at how hard it seems to be to find the stuff, I am stumping
everyone I ask. I will be using it to make bronze, so I must be sure
it's the correct stuff.

Randy Replogle

http://www.goodfellow.com
--
Randy Replogle (Central Indiana)
David Courtney

http://www.theantimonyman.com/ladles.htm click on "Antimony" on the left
tool bar and scroll down to Tin. Then "click here to order" for info on pure
metals including tin.
David

"That guy" wrote in message
Hello all, first posting.

I was hoping someone could help me find a source for tin. Not soft white
metal, or tinplated steel, but the actual element Tin represented by Sn.
I am amazed at how hard it seems to be to find the stuff, I am stumping
everyone I ask. I will be using it to make bronze, so I must be sure
it's the correct stuff.

Ernie Leimkuhler

In article , That guy
wrote:

Hello all, first posting.

I was hoping someone could help me find a source for tin. Not soft white
metal, or tinplated steel, but the actual element Tin represented by Sn.
I am amazed at how hard it seems to be to find the stuff, I am stumping
everyone I ask. I will be using it to make bronze, so I must be sure
it's the correct stuff.

Roto Metals
980 Harrison St.
San Francisco,CA 94107
USA
Tel: (415) 392-3285 Fax: (415) 896-1635

About $18 / lb.
Eastburn

Second hand - not sure.

First hand - and in various quantity - contact a company that sells
solder.

Try Metals in the yellow pages - or web - lots of sources.

Al solder is Sn - but Tin Lead solder in various alloys is common.

Tin and lead are normally sold by the brick for industrial soldering.

Martin
--
Martin Eastburn, Barbara Eastburn
@ home at Lion's Lair with our computer

That guy wrote:

Hello all, first posting.

I was hoping someone could help me find a source for tin. Not soft white
metal, or tinplated steel, but the actual element Tin represented by Sn.
I am amazed at how hard it seems to be to find the stuff, I am stumping
everyone I ask. I will be using it to make bronze, so I must be sure
it's the correct stuff.

Stan Schaefer

That guy wrote in message ...
Hello all, first posting.

I was hoping someone could help me find a source for tin. Not soft white
metal, or tinplated steel, but the actual element Tin represented by Sn.
I am amazed at how hard it seems to be to find the stuff, I am stumping
everyone I ask. I will be using it to make bronze, so I must be sure
it's the correct stuff.

www.theantimonyman.com

tan
That guy

Thanks everyone for your help! Thar be tin in them thar hills!

That guy...