ff

Default motor on tricycle

When good motorcycles go bad:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MAICO...spagenameZWDVW

No connection with seller, just thought the bike nuts would like to see it.
wallster

ff wrote:
When good motorcycles go bad:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MAICO...spagenameZWDVW

No connection with seller, just thought the bike nuts would like to see it.

i have a friend who owned a 2 stroke three wheeler (250cc?? cant
remember the dispacement) that was the scariest thing i've ever ridden.
Crazy fast acceleration and any turn was really unstable. That's
probably why they dont make them anymore.

walt

Good cure for c*nstipation

JohnM

wallster wrote:
ff wrote:

When good motorcycles go bad:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MAICO...spagenameZWDVW

No connection with seller, just thought the bike nuts would like to see it.

i have a friend who owned a 2 stroke three wheeler (250cc?? cant
remember the dispacement) that was the scariest thing i've ever ridden.
Crazy fast acceleration and any turn was really unstable. That's
probably why they dont make them anymore.

walt

Ya just gotta know how to ride 'em. They have to drift a curve, until
you get the hang of it, they're something else..

Stupid people putting kids on big three-wheelers was the source of them
being made illegal.

John

What is wrong with it?

Artemia Salina

On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 18:24:53 -0700, stryped wrote:

What is wrong with it?

Crazy fast acceleration and any turn was really unstable.

Rick

"ff" wrote in message
m...
When good motorcycles go bad:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MAICO...-YAMAHA-AHMRA-
FLATTRACK-TT-MX_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ35581QQitemZ45740267 64QQrdZ
1QQsspagenameZWDVW

No connection with seller, just thought the bike nuts would like to

see it.

When I was a kid we made something similar with a Honda 305 motor in
it. That was long before the 3 wheeled ATVs became popular. The fork
and frame were made from fence pipe!

And when I was even younger, we made the "rub the tire" bikes like the
OP asked about, We just pounded one of the wood rollers from a reel
type lawn mower onto the shaft, made a few clamps using angle iron,
then clamped it to the back of the bike frame, just behind the seat.

We also put motors on pedal cars, and speaking of tricycles, we would
take the fork off one, flip the frame over, put the fork back on, then
mount the motor on the back. Of course, all of them were illegal to
ride, but we went out at night anyway. Nowadays, kids are blasting
around everywhere and the cops don't seem to mind...

wallster

"JohnM" wrote in message

Ya just gotta know how to ride 'em. They have to drift a curve, until you
get the hang of it, they're something else..

Stupid people putting kids on big three-wheelers was the source of them
being made illegal.

John

I found a picture of my buddy on it. Note the precautionary invisible
helmet. Stupid people like this guy.
http://www.wallys-speed-shop.com/maniac_3wheeler.jpg

walt

JohnM

Artemia Salina wrote:
On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 18:24:53 -0700, stryped wrote:

What is wrong with it?

Crazy fast acceleration and any turn was really unstable.

Heh..

When good motorcycles go bad:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MAICO...D-YAMAHA-AHMRA...

No connection with seller, just thought the bike nuts would like to
see it.

How about a steam powered trycycle:

http://engineman69.home.comcast.net/rotatewheels.htm

Nick Müller

wallster wrote:

I found a picture of my buddy on it. Note the precautionary invisible
helmet. Stupid people like this guy.

I always say:
You spend as much for the helmet as you think your head is worth.

Nick
--
Motor Modelle // Engine Models
http://www.motor-manufaktur.de
Roger_Nickel

ff wrote:
When good motorcycles go bad:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MAICO...spagenameZWDVW

No connection with seller, just thought the bike nuts would like to see it

Harley Davidson built a trike about 50 - 60 years ago and
homebuilt trikes with the VW flat four motor were fashionable here
in NZ for a while in the 1960's. Beautiful to look at but they
combine the disadvantages of a motorcycle and a car. For a while
small trikes were popular here as farm vehicles but now they have
dissapeared and good riddance.
Roger_Nickel

JohnM wrote:
Artemia Salina wrote:

On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 18:24:53 -0700, stryped wrote:

What is wrong with it?

Crazy fast acceleration and any turn was really unstable.

Heh..

Try riding one off-road across the face of a hill.
JohnM

Roger_Nickel wrote:
JohnM wrote:

Artemia Salina wrote:

On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 18:24:53 -0700, stryped wrote:

What is wrong with it?

Crazy fast acceleration and any turn was really unstable.

Heh..

Try riding one off-road across the face of a hill.

I don't remember ever doing that but I'll bet it gets interesting. It's
gonna try to go downhill if you do what feels natural, and if the hill
is steep enough it's going to turn over if you do what you think you should.

Regardless, they're heaps of fun.

John