Gunner Asch

Default Just dawned on me

On Sat, 3 Sep 2005 06:06:14 -0400, "North"
wrote:

This whole entire crisis is playing out just like that FX movie "Oil Storm".
IIRC that movie was aired not all that long ago. In the movie, unrest leads
to high crude prices and a major hurricane knocks out gasoline production
from the golf states sending gasoline prices to levels around $10 bucks a
gallon. In the movie, tens of thousands of people nation wide die because of
the lack of heating fuels.

The movie was of course a movie, however, I don't think this is going to be
a small gas shortage. The United States of America has never lost an entire
city. Yes, we've had some major disasters, but we've never lost and entire
major
city. And not just any city, but one of our oldest, and most historically to
the country. After all, it was in New Orleans that we handed the British
their largest military defete in 'their' history at the time and ensured our
right of passage as a nation.

My point is, the resulting energy crisis we are about to face will take a
long time to recover from. With help from other nations, perhaps the impact
might not be as bad as it can, but we'll see. Again, America has never had
anything like this happen (and yes we all knew it was coming) and this will
be a real test of our resolve.

n.

Oh no North..according to various posters, they will be back playing
jazz down on Bourbon Street in just a couple months.

Gunner

for torturing the cat." Gunner
ATP*

wrote:

Oh no North..according to various posters, they will be back playing
jazz down on Bourbon Street in just a couple months.

Gunner

I'm concerned. Will there be a "Girls Gone Wild Mardis Gras 2006"?

RAM^3

wrote:

Oh no North..according to various posters, they will be back playing
jazz down on Bourbon Street in just a couple months.

Gunner

I'm concerned. Will there be a "Girls Gone Wild Mardis Gras 2006"?

Probably - filmed in Galveston.

John R. Carroll

wrote:

Oh no North..according to various posters, they will be back playing
jazz down on Bourbon Street in just a couple months.

Gunner

I'm concerned. Will there be a "Girls Gone Wild Mardis Gras 2006"?

Probably - filmed in Galveston.

Funny you should say that. At one time Galveston was a great center of
wealth, commerce, entertainment, innovation and culture.
Then they were visited by a hurricane.

--
John R. Carroll
Machining Solution Software, Inc.

RAM^3

"John R. Carroll" wrote in message
. ..

wrote:

Oh no North..according to various posters, they will be back playing
jazz down on Bourbon Street in just a couple months.

Gunner

I'm concerned. Will there be a "Girls Gone Wild Mardis Gras 2006"?

Probably - filmed in Galveston.

Funny you should say that. At one time Galveston was a great center of
wealth, commerce, entertainment, innovation and culture.
Then they were visited by a hurricane.

--
John R. Carroll
Machining Solution Software, Inc.
Los Angeles San Francisco
www.machiningsolution.com

Although Houston's better-protected port wound up with the bulk of the
shipping, Galveston's port isn't doing badly at all.

Galveston also does a tremendous volume of Tourist business. They got into
the Mardi Gras "thing" about 25 - 30 years ago and have done quite well with
it.

BTW, "The Bishop's Palace" is one of the "Historical" buildings that may be
toured. It is one of those that survived the Great Storm of 1900.

Gunner Asch

wrote:

Oh no North..according to various posters, they will be back playing
jazz down on Bourbon Street in just a couple months.

Gunner

I'm concerned. Will there be a "Girls Gone Wild Mardis Gras 2006"?

Probably - filmed in Galveston.

Damn..I can see the new Priceless pictures....