Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
habbi

Default tractor saw bench cutting speed

I am building a saw bench for firewood that runs off my tractor's PTO. What
is the ideal cutting speed for the blade, it is 29" in dia. My gearbox (on
the saw bench) is 2:1 and I was going to use 1:1 for the gearbox to spindle
sheaves. So basically my blade will be 1/2 the speed of my pto. Is this good
or should I alter the sheaves ratio.

Plans for bench Jon Woodworking 43 August 13th 05 02:14 PM
R*volume*raduis2 c3po "Theroy of everything" zetasum Electronics Repair 0 February 18th 05 09:21 PM
Wall speed controls for ceiling fans Wayne Whitney Home Repair 2 January 26th 05 12:42 AM
New Electrical Regulations Tony Bryer UK diy 278 September 25th 03 08:53 PM
Woodcraft Bench Grinder Stuart Johnson Woodturning 3 July 1st 03 10:47 PM