Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
B.B.

Default OTish--morality at work.

So today I was given an order from above at work that I seriously
hate. I had to do a brake job on a used truck. Our shop owns the truck
and intends to sell it, and I was doing some needed repairs before it
hits the customer.
Anyway, when I pulled the front axle drums they were obviously
ruined. The rivets had worn some deep grooves and the drums themselves
had too many too long cracks. In other words, the front brakes were
junk.
Work order only said: new shoes. Nothing about drums, so I asked.
The answer: no new drums. So I made damn sure to write on the work
order that I asked and was told not to change them before I put it all
back together.
Apparently they don't give a **** about the safety of whoever buys
the truck.
So what would you do? Do as I did? Complain? Quit? Call the DOT?

http://web2.airmail.net/thegoat4/

Plagiarism Kirk Woodturning 118 March 9th 05 12:04 PM
How to find a good contractor? Alexander Galkin Home Repair 34 March 1st 05 05:06 PM
Electrical work - would inspector check previously done work? Himanshu Home Repair 4 January 23rd 05 07:04 PM
Moisture Cure Urethane (Moisture Cured Urethane) Moshe Woodworking 6 September 5th 03 05:50 PM
Garage Door Work question Rich Greenberg Home Ownership 0 August 6th 03 01:12 AM