williamhenry

Default just unloaded my first lathe for my garage

well , I finally went and bought a machine tool for home, I found a nice
little Monarch

16 CY , circa 1945 with flame hardened ways , it has a non working trionics
dro

to move it I rented a lift deck 6x 10 trailer from sunbelt rentals , the
deck lifts and lowers via hydraulics , I also made some angle iron frames
with 8 inch casters to put under the headstock and tailstock , worked really
well , I could push the 3500lb lathe
around the garage without difficulty,

Now , to get thaty electric service to the garage and a rotary three phase
converter.....

Too_Many_Tools

I for one am looking forward to the continuing saga of your lathe
coming on line.

Any pictures of the addition to the family? ;)

TMT

williamhenry

have taken some ,

will try to post some to the drop box for everyone

Some basic metal lathe questions Grant Erwin Metalworking 5 July 19th 05 10:18 AM
Two questions about security light above the garage door [email protected] Home Repair 4 May 26th 05 12:16 AM
Building an Extension (Garage and Block Selection) Andrew Welham UK diy 12 January 3rd 04 10:12 AM
Lathe price Cuezilla Metalworking 13 October 6th 03 06:42 PM
Building a garage above public sewer (UK) Capitol UK diy 3 July 15th 03 11:43 PM