Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Ol' Duffer

Default Looking for Uncommon Threading Die

I'm looking for a threading die for garden hose fittings.
I think this might be 5/8"x14 NPT. All the standard tap
and die sets skip over this size. Doesn't have to be
particularly good quality, carbon steel would be okay,
just want to chase threads on an old faucet that has
developed mineral deposits to the point that I can't
get a hose to screw on anymore. The faucet is otherwise
in good working order, and I hate to have to replace it
just because it needs cleaned up a bit. The folks who
make these parts have to have taps and dies, right?
So what are they using and where do they get it?

Threading on a "slow to stop" lathe Lloyd E. Sponenburgh Metalworking 16 May 25th 05 06:05 AM
Threading Jigs? Scott Woodturning 17 March 1st 05 06:21 AM
A different single-point threading question.... Ken Sterling Metalworking 40 June 3rd 04 03:23 AM
Threading: 29º or another way... Robin S. Metalworking 5 November 22nd 03 06:55 PM