DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Devlieg Microbore style cartridges (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/11787-devlieg-microbore-style-cartridges.html)

Karl Townsend September 20th 03 02:39 AM

Devlieg Microbore style cartridges

I'm looking for brazed carbide cartridges like go in a Devlieg Microbore
boring head.

MSC has some insert style, but not the brazed carbide style. Nothing in J&L.
I went all through the Devlieg web site - no prices anywhere and you have to
contact a distributor. Smells like super high prices.

Anyone seen a good source for these?

Karl

Ned Simmons September 20th 03 03:31 AM

Devlieg Microbore style cartridges

In article ydOab.10448$BS5.7658
@newsread4.news.pas.earthlink.net,
says...
I'm looking for brazed carbide cartridges like go in a Devlieg Microbore
boring head.

MSC has some insert style, but not the brazed carbide style. Nothing in J&L.
I went all through the Devlieg web site - no prices anywhere and you have to
contact a distributor. Smells like super high prices.

Anyone seen a good source for these?

What size, Karl? I think I've got a few, as well as a bunch
that take CCMT inserts.

Ned Simmons

Karl Townsend September 20th 03 02:10 PM

Devlieg Microbore style cartridges

What size, Karl? I think I've got a few, as well as a bunch
that take CCMT inserts.

I need several sizes. I have about twenty Devlieg heads - courtesy of Ebay -
that need cartridges. You want to sell your whole bunch?

P.S. Right now my email is ruined - 100s of spams per day.

Karl

Bob Powell September 20th 03 07:19 PM

"Karl Townsend" wrote in message .net...
What size, Karl? I think I've got a few, as well as a bunch
that take CCMT inserts.

I need several sizes. I have about twenty Devlieg heads - courtesy of Ebay -
that need cartridges. You want to sell your whole bunch?

P.S. Right now my email is ruined - 100s of spams per day.

Karl

Keep looking on ebay, the aero surplus places. Take note for the
same size you have choices of rake angle et. al. they are not all the
same.

Ned Simmons September 20th 03 11:18 PM

Devlieg Microbore style cartridges

In article mlYab.65$gR1.21
@newsread4.news.pas.earthlink.net,
says...
What size, Karl? I think I've got a few, as well as a bunch
that take CCMT inserts.

I need several sizes. I have about twenty Devlieg heads - courtesy of Ebay -
that need cartridges. You want to sell your whole bunch?

Sure, I'll try to get some idea of what I've got. I thought
I might make a few boring bars to fit the smaller
cartridges, but I've got more than I'l ever use. Trades for
interesting stuff are OK, too.

Let me know when your email is working again--my ISP is
catching most of the garbage, so I'm not getting buried
here.

Ned Simmons