DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Steel cutting circular saw blades ( HF ) (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/117860-steel-cutting-circular-saw-blades-hf.html)

[email protected] August 21st 05 11:55 PM

Steel cutting circular saw blades ( HF )

In one of the last mail order catalogs from Harbor Freight, I noticed
some steel cutting circular saw blades. 92800 is the item number for a
10 inch 80 tooth 5/8 arbor blade that sells for $20. The teeth are C6
carbide micrograin. They also have bigger and smaller blades.

Sounds like it might be a good deal, but it is always nice to hear from
someone who has tried Harbor Freight tools. So has anyone actually
tried one?

Dan

Winston August 22nd 05 01:47 AM

wrote:
In one of the last mail order catalogs from Harbor Freight, I noticed
some steel cutting circular saw blades. 92800 is the item number for a
10 inch 80 tooth 5/8 arbor blade that sells for $20. The teeth are C6
carbide micrograin. They also have bigger and smaller blades.

Sounds like it might be a good deal, but it is always nice to hear from
someone who has tried Harbor Freight tools. So has anyone actually
tried one?

Dan

Not that part number, but I run their 48 tooth 12" blade in my Makita
dry saw all the time.

It does not wear as well as the factory blade
but it doesn't cost like the factory blade either.
(Cuts much longer with water based coolant)

--Winston

[email protected] August 22nd 05 05:56 PM

The number for the Harbor Freight 12 inch steel cutting saw blade is
92802. It is a 100 tooth blade with little or no back rake on the
teeth. With twice the number of teeth it costs slightly more, $30.

My experience with Harbor Freight saw blades for cutting wood has been
good. But except for the saw I use to cut up scrap wood and branches,
I don't do much wood cutting. I have inadvertanly cut with that saw
thru a few nails with no noticeable affect.

Dan

Winston August 23rd 05 03:47 AM

wrote:
The number for the Harbor Freight 12 inch steel cutting saw blade is
92802. It is a 100 tooth blade with little or no back rake on the
teeth. With twice the number of teeth it costs slightly more, $30.

My experience with Harbor Freight saw blades for cutting wood has been
good. But except for the saw I use to cut up scrap wood and branches,
I don't do much wood cutting. I have inadvertanly cut with that saw
thru a few nails with no noticeable affect.

I tried higher - tooth - count blades and found that a given cut
would take much longer to complete than with the 48 tooth blade.
The lower tooth count creates a somewhat rougher finish to the cut
end but it progresses through steel at a very admirable rate.

Either way, it's still heartwarming to see the blade cut straight,
no matter if its a miter or just lopping something off at 90 degrees.

The only bad part is that I couldn't afford the saw earlier.

--Winston