R.H.

Default What is it? LXXV

Just added another post:

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

Rob

Mark and Kim Smith

R.H. wrote:

Just added another post:

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

Rob

From Rec.woodworking:

#430: Handle from a plane?
#431: An exit sign
#432: Dunno
#433: Dunno
#434: For spinning jars? To seperate liquids?
#435: Dunno, for cutting fabric?
Joe User

430 plane handle
431 exit sign

433 ideal reloading tool - combination bullet mould and single cartridge
reloading tool. I'm guessing it's for the .38-40, since "38-40" is
stamped on the side. (:

-j
bikerb422

435. All purpose tool. Glass cutter, knife sharpener,and some kind of
razor blade for cutting string I think.
Bruce

Baz

435 saddlers tool for marking and cutting leather

"bikerb422" wrote in message
oups.com...
435. All purpose tool. Glass cutter, knife sharpener,and some kind of
razor blade for cutting string I think.
Bruce

Andy

434 yep, hand-crank centrifuge

Mark & Juanita

#430: Handplane tote

#432: Part of an old balance scale

foggytown

428 a thermometer

Tm

"R.H." wrote in message
. ..
Just added another post:

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

431 12 o'clock ?
433 bullet mold
434 cream separator ?

DoN. Nichols

In article ,
R.H. wrote:
Just added another post:

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

Again posting from rec.crafts.metalworking.

430) Handle for a two-handed push tool -- probably one of the longer
wood planes.

431) Well -- it appears to be a Roman numeral 12 (or perhaps 13,
depending on cropping), but it does not look familiar to me,
especially with that color pattern.

432) Is it part of some kind of bait-holder for a large trap? The
"23 oz" could be the weight of whatever bait it is supposed to
hold?

433) This looks like a reloading tool for some early cartridge. The
end is the bullet mould, with the pivoted plate serving the
function of cutting off the "sprue" (the excess lead in the part
which funnels lead to the actual bullet area).

The downward projecting part is for making the mouth of the
cartridge round, and expanding the end slightly to make starting
the bullet into the cartridge somewhat easier. (And the inside
of that same area serves the function of crimping the mouth onto
the bullet, with the hook visible near the hinge serving the
function of extracting the completed bullet. That area could
probably also serve to re-size the cartridge, which expands on
firing.

The long pin is to remove the expended primer, and the shorter
one is probably for pressing in the replacement primer. (I
expect a through hole in the handle below that, as would become
visible with a different view.

The only function which I can't see performed by this is the
accurate measuring of the powder. (Unless the other side of
the bearing at the joint is hollow to serve as a powder measure.

At a guess, this might be reasonable for a l45 long colt, or
perhaps for something like a .38 S&W

434) This is obviously a hand-cranked centrifuge. It clamps to the
edge of a workbench, and four (or two) test tubes are placed in
the four rings (or two opposite rings). Turning the crank
spins them rapidly, and the test tubes will tilt bottom outwards
to let the centrifugal action hasten the precipitation of solids
tot he bottom of the test tubes.

435) This appears to be a general purpose sharpener. The narrow
V slots nearest the handle is for knife blades. The almost
square-bottomed notch near the upper tip is for scissors blades,
and the more obtuse V at the end might be for knives with a more
blunt edge.

Now to see what others have guessed.

Enjoy,
DoN.
--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564

Doug Payne

On 18/08/2005 11:01 PM, DoN. Nichols wrote:

431) Well -- it appears to be a Roman numeral 12 (or perhaps 13,
depending on cropping), but it does not look familiar to me,
especially with that color pattern.

Exit sign?
carl mciver

"Andy" wrote in message
oups.com...
| 434 yep, hand-crank centrifuge

For test or lab specimen tubes.

RandyV

431) Crayon

R.H.

Five of the six have been correctly identified, I'm not sure about the other
one.

430. Stanley plane handle

431. Exit sign

432. Don't know what this one is and haven't been able to verify any of the
guesses so far.

433. Ideal bullet mold and reloading tool

434. Centrifuge

435. Sharpener, with glass cutter

It will be a day or two until I get the answer page together.

Rob

Rich Grise

On Thu, 18 Aug 2005 08:49:17 +0000, R.H. wrote:

Just added another post:

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

Great. I finally get "First Guess" and I haven't got a clue. )-;

Well, a couple of guesses: :-)

436 executive desk decoration
437 end grain of something -
438 is obviously some kind of tomahawk.
439 is a passive infrared motion sensor that plugs into a
wall socket, and senses when someone comes into the room,
and sends a signal to your X-10 home control system to
turn on the room lights, just like those automatic yard
lights.
440 - no idea
441 - no idea

Cheers!