Two and a Half

Default Plastic Drums

Hi

I am based in the UK and need to get hold of a company who can supply
circular plastic containers. These have to have a minimum opening aperture
at the top of 540mm and a minimum height of 600mm and have, if possible,
straight sides. I have tried plastic barrels but unfortunately the sides of
these are curved.

If anyone knows of a UK based supplier please let me know. Thanks

Craig

Ned Simmons

In article ,
says...
Hi

I am based in the UK and need to get hold of a company who can supply
circular plastic containers. These have to have a minimum opening aperture
at the top of 540mm and a minimum height of 600mm and have, if possible,
straight sides. I have tried plastic barrels but unfortunately the sides of
these are curved.

If anyone knows of a UK based supplier please let me know. Thanks

http://www.greif.com/locations/default.asp

http://www.greif.com/packaging-syste...ic-drums/open-
head-valerex-drums/default.asp

The lobster fishermen here in New England favor these for
carrying bait. Used plastic drums are easily available for
$10-20 US from fishing supply and hardware stores. Many of
the barrel shaped containers in this area originally
carried imported apple juice concentrate. I've never seen a
label on the straight sided drums, so don't know what they
might have carried originally.

Ned Simmons
Dan S

Convert to inches and gallons please?

----------
In article , Ned Simmons

[...]

trevor jones

Dan S wrote:
Convert to inches and gallons please?

If yer gotta ask fer that, yer not likely to be much use as a UK based
supplier, now, are ya! :-)

Cheers
Trevor Jones

Billy Hiebert

Dan S wrote:
Convert to inches and gallons please?

540mm=21.25978 inches, 600mm=23.62198 inches.

Here is the link to download a nice little conversion program. No
installation, just put it on your desktop, or somewhere handy. Converts
just about any unit of measure, distance, volume, etc. It's called
CONVERT, it's free, it's small: http://www.joshmadison.com/software/convert/
--
Billy Hiebert
HIEBERT SCULPTURE WORKS

----------
In article , Ned Simmons

[...]

Joe AutoDrill

Convert to inches and gallons please?
540mm=21.25978 inches, 600mm=23.62198 inches.

Gallons? Must have missed something and am too lazy to read the entire
thread...

Anyhow... I disagree with the numbers above. You convert by 25.400072 or
25.400074? Here is what I get:

540mm = 21.25984251968503937007874015748"
600mm = 23.622047244094488188976377952756"

Based on 25.4000 conversion... LOL and an evil grin.

Regardless, there is no perceivable difference between the two unless you
are in some super-industry that needs the tolerances that close.
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.

V8013-R

Billy Hiebert

Joe AutoDrill wrote:
Convert to inches and gallons please?

540mm=21.25978 inches, 600mm=23.62198 inches.

Gallons? Must have missed something and am too lazy to read the entire
thread...

I didn't see it either. Lazy times two = 2 lazy.

Anyhow... I disagree with the numbers above. You convert by 25.400072 or
25.400074? Here is what I get:

540mm = 21.25984251968503937007874015748"
600mm = 23.622047244094488188976377952756"

Based on 25.4000 conversion... LOL and an evil grin.

I just copied the CONVERTER results, don't know what it's formula is.
But I use the other conversion 0.03937*mm=inches. Then you get 21.2598
and 23.622 which is the same, rounded off.

Regardless, there is no perceivable difference between the two unless you
are in some super-industry that needs the tolerances that close.

I would certainly agree with that, especially in regards to the original
post.

--
Billy Hiebert
HIEBERT SCULPTURE WORKS
Small Part Injection Molding
http://www.hieberts.com
Joe AutoDrill

Regardless, there is no perceivable difference between the two unless you
are in some super-industry that needs the tolerances that close.

I would certainly agree with that, especially in regards to the original
post.

Sure was a fun trip though...
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.

V8013-R

Living in an MDF universe Paul Hays Woodworking 19 April 11th 05 12:41 PM
Replacement plastic drawer slides needed Timothy Lee Woodworking 7 July 16th 04 04:54 AM
Earth Bondng Adrian Simpson UK diy 8 March 21st 04 11:58 PM
Joining Plastic Waste pipe to Lead pipe tinklemagoo UK diy 3 February 19th 04 05:34 AM