Wayne

Default OT Parts Cleaner Filter

I picked up one of those tabletop parts cleaners.
The 'filter' which attaches to the pump looks to be
no more than a plastic strainer. It would block any
really big pieces, but not something the size of a
grain of sand. The 'filter' is in two pieces as if
it was supposed to have a real filter put in it.

Do I use as is?
Anyone added a real filter to it?
If so, where do I find one?

Wayne D.
Bob Engelhardt

I made a parts washer and used a fine filter. It clogged up pretty
quickly. Then I saw this idea about using a piece of carpet (I probably
saw it here). The idea is take a piece of carpet (deep & thick is good)
and lay it in the bottom of the washer. The debris will settle there
and be trapped. My pump is at the side of the tank, so I turned up the
carpet before the pump so the fluid has to go through it. It's a
filter, but one with a very large surface and not too fine. Bob
Grant Erwin

Wayne wrote:
I picked up one of those tabletop parts cleaners.
The 'filter' which attaches to the pump looks to be
no more than a plastic strainer. It would block any
really big pieces, but not something the size of a
grain of sand. The 'filter' is in two pieces as if
it was supposed to have a real filter put in it.

Do I use as is?
Anyone added a real filter to it?
If so, where do I find one?

If you decide to cobble something up, fiberglass insulation makes pretty good
filtering material. I don't remember how those little parts cleaners are
arranged, though. Might have to cut a mat over the whole bottom, throw away when
it gets too funky. I use the stuff in a huge funnel to strain electrolytic
derusting solution.

GWE

Replace Electronic Air Cleaner with Pleated Filter? [email protected] Home Repair 20 October 17th 17 04:14 PM
Air conditioner return grille Rick DeBay Home Ownership 5 August 22nd 05 09:04 PM
Parts cleaner pump Rex B Metalworking 7 February 9th 05 10:45 PM
OT Filter question Jim C Roberts Metalworking 10 June 29th 04 02:48 PM
contact cleaner on pc board and parts Tanya Electronics Repair 7 December 6th 03 04:09 PM