Awesomewiz

Default FS: Bridgeport wired 110 single phase

Getting crowded in the garage and still need a decent lathe. So off goes my
Bridgeport, you can see pics here.
http://www.professorwiz.com/sales.htm
Works alright, downfeed needs something, has readouts I never hooked up,
some tooling included.
Russ
www.professorwiz.com

Awesomewiz

Thanks, I didn't even see where the serial number was.
I know it's abit old, doesn't even have the chrome ways.
Russ

"RoyJ" wrote in message
ink.net...
SN says 1955

Awesomewiz wrote:
Getting crowded in the garage and still need a decent lathe. So off goes
my Bridgeport, you can see pics here.
http://www.professorwiz.com/sales.htm
Works alright, downfeed needs something, has readouts I never hooked up,
some tooling included.
Russ
www.professorwiz.com

rigger

I think Roy is referencing the number on the "J" head. It's been a
long time but maybe someone can tell us if it was dovetail or round ram
in the mid 50's. There should be another number stamped, I think, on
the lower vertical way surface. BTW the chrome ways were probably an
option at the time your machine was built and for some reason this
feature was slow to catch-on (at least around Chicago from '63 till
around '76).

Awesomewiz

A buddy got the round ram one from his uncle man is that a pain to find
parts for, and the collets are abit small, but hey it works. This one takes
the standard r-8 collets. Do you think the price is fair? I bought it for
$1500, with the motor burnt and hooked it up this way but that was before
the 9/11 attack and it seems like prices dropped because of all the places
going out of the business.
Russ

"rigger" wrote in message
ups.com...
I think Roy is referencing the number on the "J" head. It's been a
long time but maybe someone can tell us if it was dovetail or round ram
in the mid 50's. There should be another number stamped, I think, on
the lower vertical way surface. BTW the chrome ways were probably an
option at the time your machine was built and for some reason this
feature was slow to catch-on (at least around Chicago from '63 till
around '76).

RoyJ

The pic of the horizonal ways at
http://www.professorwiz.com/bridgepo...03850.JPG.html
shows a serial number of BR29414
corresponds to 1955 at
http://www.machinetoolclearinghouse.com/bridge.htm

rigger wrote:
I think Roy is referencing the number on the "J" head. It's been a
long time but maybe someone can tell us if it was dovetail or round ram
in the mid 50's. There should be another number stamped, I think, on
the lower vertical way surface. BTW the chrome ways were probably an
option at the time your machine was built and for some reason this
feature was slow to catch-on (at least around Chicago from '63 till
around '76).

Richard J Kinch

RoyJ writes:

The pic of the horizonal ways at
http://www.professorwiz.com/bridgepo...03850.JPG.html

The knee ways are badly worn. It will take months of scraping work or many
$1000s to get this machine back to anything but a glorified drill press.
rigger

Right you are Roy. These pix were loading so slowly I skipped a few.

dennis in nca

From: RoyJ