Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Karl Townsend

Default which VFD drive?

I'm about to buy a 5 hp. VFD drive for my hardinge CHNC. Looking at
automation direct, I see three categories of drives

Categories L100 Drives (Volts per Hertz ctrl mode)
SJ100 Drives (sensorless vector or V/H ctrl modes)
SJ300 Drives (sensorless or flux vector ctrl modes)

Not knowing squat, I'm tempted to buy the middle price one - SJ100 series.
Correct choice? What's the difference?

http://web2.automationdirect.com/adc/Shopping/Catalog/AC_Drives_-z-_Motors/AC_Drives_(Hitachi)/Hitachi_Config._Devices_-a-_Cables