Wayne Cook

On Sat, 02 Jul 2005 00:01:43 GMT, "Karl Townsend"
remove .NOT to reply wrote:

I'm about to buy a 5 hp. VFD drive for my hardinge CHNC. Looking at
automation direct, I see three categories of drives

Categories L100 Drives (Volts per Hertz ctrl mode)
SJ100 Drives (sensorless vector or V/H ctrl modes)
SJ300 Drives (sensorless or flux vector ctrl modes)

Not knowing squat, I'm tempted to buy the middle price one - SJ100 series.
Correct choice? What's the difference?

http://web2.automationdirect.com/adc/Shopping/Catalog/AC_Drives_-z-_Motors/AC_Drives_(Hitachi)/Hitachi_Config._Devices_-a-_Cables

Well I'm far from a expert but I just got through installing a L200
drive yesterday. So far it seems to work fine for the application
(rerolling news paper rolls). My only complaint is that the manual
could be a little better organized. It took me 4 hours to find the one
parameter which was preventing remote control of the controller.

BTW I got the L200 drive for a lot less than they're asking on that
site. You might look at this site for reference.

http://www.driveswarehouse.com

Wayne Cook
Shamrock, TX
http://members.dslextreme.com/users/waynecook