Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
SomeBody

Default Welder circuit breaker rating?

Hey guys,

Got a question about circuit breakers, I have a HarbourFreight stick
welder, that is marked 120/240v draws 41 Amps, Does this mean it draws 41
Amps at 120 or 20.5 Amps at 240V? I'm talking about through each leg, if
hooked up as 220V.

I have it wired the welder hooked up for 220V operating, and have a dbl
pole 40 Amp breakers in my panel, it's been working fine for the
past year. Is the dbl pole 40 breaker the correct size for this
application? Does this mean that each leg of the break is capable of
drawing 40 amps each?

Should I reduce the size of this break to a dbl pole 25 Amp breaker? By
the way, I installed this dbl pole 40 Amp breaker myself last year.

Thanks.
Jeff
--
A7N8X-Deluxe, AMD XP2500+ (Un-locked)
2x256mb Crucial PC3200 DDR ram

Popping circuit breaker w/ TS Don97623 Woodworking 14 December 1st 04 01:49 AM
circuit breaker popping once every 24 hrs Dan Kuechle Home Repair 8 August 5th 04 07:04 PM
circuit is off, circuit breaker is on Massi Home Repair 1 July 4th 04 11:31 PM
circuit breaker Smerby Home Repair 3 March 6th 04 04:51 AM
Is it a radial or ring circuit? Paul UK diy 14 September 4th 03 04:48 PM