eByrd

Default Looking for OLD crawler and macine info

I have a friend who's looking for info / possible values for some old relics
he has on hand.

1) 2 - HG42 Oliver "cletrac" crawlers with hyd. blade and lots of spare
parts.

2) a Manley Wrecker Crane ( he said off an old model A wrecker). Ser #6364B
made by American Chain Co, York Penna. Its all manual but still works. In
the '80's he was still yarding wood with it.

Anyway, he's interested in selling them if they're worth anything. He lives
in north-eastern Oregon. If anyone knows any info resources I could use in
my search I would appreciate them.

Thanks, Byrd
--
"Some people will tell you that slow is good...and it may be, on some
days...but I am here to tell you that fast is better. I've always believed

Hunter S. Thompson

Jim Stewart

eByrd wrote:
I have a friend who's looking for info / possible values for some old relics
he has on hand.

1) 2 - HG42 Oliver "cletrac" crawlers with hyd. blade and lots of spare
parts.

2) a Manley Wrecker Crane ( he said off an old model A wrecker). Ser #6364B
made by American Chain Co, York Penna. Its all manual but still works. In
the '80's he was still yarding wood with it.

Anyway, he's interested in selling them if they're worth anything. He lives
in north-eastern Oregon. If anyone knows any info resources I could use in
my search I would appreciate them.

Since he lives in Oregon, he'll want to
get in touch with these people and maybe
try to sell his machines at the show:

http://www.antiquepowerland.com/info/history.html

I've seen a dozen Cletrac crawlers around that
people have restored. It's certainly worth something,
but not a fortune. I know nothing about the wrecker.

MOP CAP

eByrd wrote:
I have a friend who's looking for info / possible values for some old
relics
he has on hand.

1) 2 - HG42 Oliver "cletrac" crawlers with hyd. blade and lots of spare
parts.

2) a Manley Wrecker Crane ( he said off an old model A wrecker). Ser #6364B
made by American Chain Co, York Penna. Its all manual but still works. In
the '80's he was still yarding wood with it.

Anyway, he's interested in selling them if they're worth anything. He lives
in north-eastern Oregon. If anyone knows any info resources I could use in
my search I would appreciate them.

Since he lives in Oregon, he'll want to
get in touch with these people and maybe
try to sell his machines at the show:

http://www.antiquepowerland.com/info/history.html

Have him get in touch with the local branch of EARLY DAY GAS ENGINE AND TRACTOR ASSOCIATION. They are very active in Oregon

Chuck P

JohnM

eByrd wrote:
I have a friend who's looking for info / possible values for some old relics
he has on hand.

1) 2 - HG42 Oliver "cletrac" crawlers with hyd. blade and lots of spare
parts.

2) a Manley Wrecker Crane ( he said off an old model A wrecker). Ser #6364B
made by American Chain Co, York Penna. Its all manual but still works. In
the '80's he was still yarding wood with it.

Anyway, he's interested in selling them if they're worth anything. He lives
in north-eastern Oregon. If anyone knows any info resources I could use in
my search I would appreciate them.

Thanks, Byrd

Those Cletracs had pretty weak final drives, they went fast if they were
worked hard.. Folks who swapped car motors in after the original motor
went south learned this *very* quickly, at least in my neck of the
woods. If they have good final drive guts they're probably worth more to
part out than to sell as whole units.

John
RoyJ

Send him these two sites
http://www.antiquetractors.com/
http://www.cletrac.org/

Cletracs should be worth low to several thousand if in running
condition. They are heavy so you won't have too much access to the
midwestern and eastern collectors.

eByrd wrote:
I have a friend who's looking for info / possible values for some old relics
he has on hand.

1) 2 - HG42 Oliver "cletrac" crawlers with hyd. blade and lots of spare
parts.

2) a Manley Wrecker Crane ( he said off an old model A wrecker). Ser #6364B
made by American Chain Co, York Penna. Its all manual but still works. In
the '80's he was still yarding wood with it.

Anyway, he's interested in selling them if they're worth anything. He lives
in north-eastern Oregon. If anyone knows any info resources I could use in
my search I would appreciate them.

Thanks, Byrd

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
clare at snyder.on.ca

On Mon, 2 Jan 2006 18:41:26 +0000, tstoeber
wrote:

I have a friend who's looking for info / possible values for some old
relics
he has on hand.

1) 2 - HG42 Oliver "cletrac" crawlers with hyd. blade and lots of
spare
parts.

The Cletrac dozers (Cleveland Tractor Co) are a collectors item.

2) a Manley Wrecker Crane ( he said off an old model A wrecker). Ser
#6364B
made by American Chain Co, York Penna. Its all manual but still works.
In
the '80's he was still yarding wood with it.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jim Stewart

wrote:

I have a friend who's looking for info / possible values for some old
relics
he has on hand.

1) 2 - HG42 Oliver "cletrac" crawlers with hyd. blade and lots of
spare
parts.

The Cletrac dozers (Cleveland Tractor Co) are a collectors item.

Yeah, but probably not worth as much as you'd
think. There were thousands made. I checked
ebay completed auctions for "cletrac". One
unrestored, model not specified got up to $520
without meeting reserve.

The other, a restored HG42 with hyd blade had
a starting bid of $4,500 and a "buy it now" of
$5,200 Zero bids.

I'd guess that $500-$700 for a complete unrestored
unit would be a fair price. Think heavy discount
if hard-to-find parts are missing/destroyed. OTOH,
a seized engine is not a big deal to a hardcore
restoration guy.

The guys that actively collect and restore these
things would generally prefer to horsetrade than
shell out alot of hard cash.