DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   ACAD 2000 problem (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/10534-re-acad-2000-problem.html)

c July 17th 03 02:53 AM

ACAD 2000 problem

"Brian Lawson" wrote in message
Hey guys,

HELLLPPP!!!

Preamble: I had to get a new motherboard a few weeks back. I also
moved the next day and so I lost my DSL access, so after I got in the
new house I had a long go round with and got help from my ISP techies
to get back on line with the 56K modem. I run Windows ME. Lots of
file deletions and changes and stuff. I couldn't begin to keep up
with him and with what was happening, so I just typed and did what he
said. Works great now.

OK. So now my Acad 2000 won't start. It brings up a pop-up that
says:

"Acad has caused an error in AC1ST15.DLL
Acad will now close.

If you continue to have problems, try restarting your
computer"

I've tried re-installing from the CD 3 times, and no go. Anybody know
what that DLL file is?? I can find it on the CD, and in my PC.

Thanks.

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.

crossposted to modeleng-list

When you reinstalled, did you make sure that the uninstall completely
removed the AutoCAD program folder? It probably didn't and left the file
there. DLL stands for dynamic link library, and the files serve many
purposes for programs. What I would do is uninstall AutoCAD again, then open
your "program files" folder and delete the AutoCAD folder. Then go to
c:\program files\common files and there should be a folder called AutoDesk
shared. Delete that as well. It might be a good idea to do a search for the
offending file to make sure it is not sitting somewhere else on your system.
After you've done this, then try reinstalling AutoCAD. If should be fine.

Chris

Ned Simmons July 17th 03 03:19 AM

ACAD 2000 problem

In article ,
says...
[...]

ACIS is the 3d modelling kernel used by Autocad.
http://www.spatial.com/products/3D/m...CIS.html?LV3=Y

I have a file acism62ENU.dll, 116KB, dated 5/17/2001 on my
system--Acad2002/MDT6/Inventor7.

Is there any chance you messed with the location of the
file or the autocad configuration at some point? What's the
date on the configuration file(acad.cfg or acad2000.cfg)?

Autodesk is using their own kernel based on ACIS now.

Ned Simmons

clare @ snyder.on .ca July 17th 03 03:53 AM

ACAD 2000 problem

On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 21:04:26 -0400, Brian Lawson
wrote:

[...]

apparently you need to Go to:
http://www.tek-tips.com/gviewthread....687/qid/410361
to get the AutoDesk fixed version of the module. Tek Tips says the
corruption is caused by Norton AntiVirus....

clare @ snyder.on .ca July 17th 03 07:00 PM

THANK YOU ALL was ACAD 2000 problem

On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 08:24:00 -0400, Brian Lawson
wrote:

Hey Clare,

That did it!! Thank you.

Took me a try or two to get "logged on", and then to see what I was
supposed to, but it worked great.

Take care.

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.

Glad to be of help.

Bothwell -- You wouldnt happen to have known a Willis and Eileen
Freeman from a few years back? Be about 50 now, she's a dietician and
he was in Agribusiness?

Ned Simmons July 18th 03 02:26 AM

ACAD 2000 problem

In article ,
says...
Hey Ned,

Thanks for the reply. I think though that you may have mis-read the
file name. It is AC-one-ST-one-5.DLL.

I appreciate your help, There was a later reply that got me fixed
up, so I'm OK now.

Hmmmm....what's a Kernel anyway? Or what does it do?

Take care.

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.

You're right, I read the '1' as an 'I'. I assume the fix
was the problem with Norton. The lights came on when I saw
that post. A few years ago lots of folks had problems
installing acad without first disabling their anti-virus
software.

The ACIS kernel is where all the functions that do the
messy math for 3d modelling reside, in other words, it's
the heart (kernel or central part) of the program.

Ned Simmons