Default ACAD 2000 problem

"Brian Lawson" wrote in message
Hey guys,

HELLLPPP!!!

Preamble: I had to get a new motherboard a few weeks back. I also
moved the next day and so I lost my DSL access, so after I got in the
new house I had a long go round with and got help from my ISP techies
to get back on line with the 56K modem. I run Windows ME. Lots of
file deletions and changes and stuff. I couldn't begin to keep up
with him and with what was happening, so I just typed and did what he
said. Works great now.

OK. So now my Acad 2000 won't start. It brings up a pop-up that
says:

"Acad has caused an error in AC1ST15.DLL
Acad will now close.

If you continue to have problems, try restarting your
computer"

I've tried re-installing from the CD 3 times, and no go. Anybody know
what that DLL file is?? I can find it on the CD, and in my PC.

Thanks.

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.

crossposted to modeleng-list

When you reinstalled, did you make sure that the uninstall completely
removed the AutoCAD program folder? It probably didn't and left the file
there. DLL stands for dynamic link library, and the files serve many
purposes for programs. What I would do is uninstall AutoCAD again, then open
your "program files" folder and delete the AutoCAD folder. Then go to
c:\program files\common files and there should be a folder called AutoDesk
shared. Delete that as well. It might be a good idea to do a search for the
offending file to make sure it is not sitting somewhere else on your system.
After you've done this, then try reinstalling AutoCAD. If should be fine.

Chris

clare @ snyder.on .ca

On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 21:04:26 -0400, Brian Lawson
wrote:

[...]

apparently you need to Go to:
http://www.tek-tips.com/gviewthread....687/qid/410361
to get the AutoDesk fixed version of the module. Tek Tips says the
corruption is caused by Norton AntiVirus....

clare @ snyder.on .ca

Default THANK YOU ALL was ACAD 2000 problem

On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 08:24:00 -0400, Brian Lawson
wrote:

Hey Clare,

That did it!! Thank you.

Took me a try or two to get "logged on", and then to see what I was
supposed to, but it worked great.

Take care.

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.

Glad to be of help.

Bothwell -- You wouldnt happen to have known a Willis and Eileen
Freeman from a few years back? Be about 50 now, she's a dietician and
he was in Agribusiness?

(Sort of) sleeper wall problem: any ideas? rrh UK diy 5 May 12th 04 01:54 PM
Central Heating Problem Duncan Lally UK diy 2 February 22nd 04 10:22 PM
Vokera Excell 80E overheat problem anon UK diy 1 December 3rd 03 05:26 PM
Combi DHW output problem Neil UK diy 0 December 2nd 03 10:36 PM
Boiler Problem Gradually Getting Worse Frank Davis UK diy 1 October 23rd 03 11:00 PM