Bill Janssen

Default Titanium Foil?

I saw a bid list that included some Titanium foil. What would this be
good for ?

Bill K7NOM
rigger

Wrapping a sandwich so it REALLY would stay fresh?
dennis in nca

Leo Lichtman

"rigger" wrote: Wrapping a sandwich so it REALLY would stay fresh?
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Come on, that wouldn't work. But, bicyclists use titanium wherever they can
to make things lighter, so you could probably cut a fraction of a gram per
sandwich. Now, that WOULD work.

Bill Janssen

T.Alan Kraus wrote:

Of course you would have to use "lite" mayo in the sandwich!

cheers
T.Alan

"Leo Lichtman" wrote in message

"rigger" wrote: Wrapping a sandwich so it REALLY would stay fresh?
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Come on, that wouldn't work. But, bicyclists use titanium wherever they

can

to make things lighter, so you could probably cut a fraction of a gram per
sandwich. Now, that WOULD work.

Ok I take it, no one else has a clue either. It will probably show up in
the scrap yard
so I will just kick it aside and look for something useable.

Bill K7NOM

Mike Patterson

On Mon, 02 May 2005 02:41:55 GMT, Bill Janssen
wrote:

T.Alan Kraus wrote:

Of course you would have to use "lite" mayo in the sandwich!

cheers
T.Alan

"Leo Lichtman" wrote in message

"rigger" wrote: Wrapping a sandwich so it REALLY would stay fresh?
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Come on, that wouldn't work. But, bicyclists use titanium wherever they

can

to make things lighter, so you could probably cut a fraction of a gram per
sandwich. Now, that WOULD work.

Ok I take it, no one else has a clue either. It will probably show up in
the scrap yard
so I will just kick it aside and look for something useable.

Bill K7NOM

Only thing I found that looked like anything
http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-...nium_foil.html

Mike Patterson
Please remove the spamtrap to email me.
"I always wanted to be somebody...I should have been more specific..." - Lily Tomlin

Old Nick

On Sat, 30 Apr 2005 23:16:42 GMT, Bill Janssen
wrote:

how thick

"17034. Seeking Titanium Foil (China)... We are looking for Titanium
Foil of 0.001 - 0.005 mm thickness with width of 40 - 80 mm. Where can
I buy such products? Dr. Qunli Wu - Beijing China ..."
www.finishing.com/170/34.shtml

I saw a bid list that included some Titanium foil. What would this be
good for ?

Bill K7NOM

Old Nick

On Sat, 30 Apr 2005 23:16:42 GMT, Bill Janssen
wrote:

Get it cheap- and let us know....

I saw a bid list that included some Titanium foil. What would this be
good for ?

Bill K7NOM

Bill Janssen

wrote:

T.Alan Kraus wrote:

Of course you would have to use "lite" mayo in the sandwich!

cheers
T.Alan

"Leo Lichtman" wrote in message

"rigger" wrote: Wrapping a sandwich so it REALLY would stay fresh?
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Come on, that wouldn't work. But, bicyclists use titanium wherever they

can

to make things lighter, so you could probably cut a fraction of a gram per
sandwich. Now, that WOULD work.

Ok I take it, no one else has a clue either. It will probably show up in
the scrap yard
so I will just kick it aside and look for something useable.

Bill K7NOM

Only thing I found that looked like anything
http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-...nium_foil.html

Mike Patterson

Wow that is pretty expensive. The bid list didn't say how thick it was,
or how big for that matter.

I will watch for it but it may never get to the dealer I frequent.

Bill K7NOM

titanium stig Metalworking 9 April 14th 05 07:22 PM
Titanium Fuel Bottles Halcitron Metalworking 24 April 10th 05 02:01 AM
Repair foil tape window alarm Georgette Home Repair 4 December 31st 04 06:02 PM
variac for anodizing titanium help DoN. Nichols Metalworking 9 December 22nd 04 06:18 AM
New - Aluminum & Titanium K Metalworking 0 October 19th 03 05:21 PM