Mark Gough

Default Thiel bandsaw welder problem

Greetings from sunny Melbourne, Australia.
I recently bought a 1957 vintage 16" Thiel Nassovia metal cutting bandsaw. I
have converted it to 240v from 415v and it works beautifully. It is fitted
with a blade welder which has a 440v transformer in the back of it. My
problem is: what is the output voltage of the welder? If someone can assist
or suggest how to work out what the actual welding voltage is I would be
most appreciative.
Thanks for an excellent forum
Mark Gough
Gunner

On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 21:38:51 +1000, "Mark Gough"
wrote:

Greetings from sunny Melbourne, Australia.
I recently bought a 1957 vintage 16" Thiel Nassovia metal cutting bandsaw. I
have converted it to 240v from 415v and it works beautifully. It is fitted
with a blade welder which has a 440v transformer in the back of it. My
problem is: what is the output voltage of the welder? If someone can assist
or suggest how to work out what the actual welding voltage is I would be
most appreciative.
Thanks for an excellent forum
Mark Gough

The welding output will be somewhere in the order of 1-3 volts at
about 200 amps.

Simply put a step up transformer on it. A decent sized one.

Gunner

Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends
of every country save their own. Benjamin Disraeli