DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Bobcat or equivalent (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/103673-bobcat-equivalent.html)

Mark April 20th 05 11:56 PM

Bobcat or equivalent

Anyone know what the near equivalent would be to the Bobcat S185 model in a
John Deere, Gael, Mustang, or Caterpillar? For that matter any other small
loader names I have not mentioned?

Looking to get one that is the size of the S185 but I want to see what
comparable machines are out there like this model. We are using an OLD 753
model and it needs to be replaced.

Mark

machineman April 21st 05 01:50 AM

Mark wrote:
Anyone know what the near equivalent would be to the Bobcat S185 model in a
John Deere, Gael, Mustang, or Caterpillar? For that matter any other small
loader names I have not mentioned?

Looking to get one that is the size of the S185 but I want to see what
comparable machines are out there like this model. We are using an OLD 753
model and it needs to be replaced.

Mark

I used to work for this company. They make pretty good stuf, silly
*******s were the first to use the hydraulic drive on skid-steers but
didn't patent it :-) While I was there they made them under their own
name and did oem for Ford and several others
http://www.thomasloaders.com/

DanG April 21st 05 02:25 AM

We have a New Holland 885 with cab and heater. The 2 speed
transmission really helps between working and traveling. Great
machine. I think the current comparable model is the 180. Gehl
and Case are strong in the rental market here. Here is a web site
for New Holland:
http://www.newholland.com/na/Product...Reg=NA&RL=ENNA

(top posted for your convenience)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Keep the whole world singing . . . .
DanG (remove the sevens)

ATP* April 21st 05 03:41 AM

Mark wrote:
Anyone know what the near equivalent would be to the Bobcat S185 model in
a John Deere, Gael, Mustang, or Caterpillar? For that matter any other
small loader names I have not mentioned?

Looking to get one that is the size of the S185 but I want to see what
comparable machines are out there like this model. We are using an OLD
753 model and it needs to be replaced.

Mark

I used to work for this company. They make pretty good stuf, silly
*******s were the first to use the hydraulic drive on skid-steers but
didn't patent it :-) While I was there they made them under their own
name and did oem for Ford and several others
http://www.thomasloaders.com/

Thomas was marketing new equipment through absolute auctions a few years
back, not as a distress sale, but as a promotional tool, I suppose. I'm not
sure if they're still doing it. Lyons Auctions and Hunyady featured some of
their loaders and a lot of attachments.

machineman April 21st 05 03:53 AM

Mark wrote:

[...]

I remember hearing about them getting stuck with a very large order that
was about to be shipped to Iraq just at the first gulf war broke out,
maybe that was the result of it??