Proctologically Violated©®

Default Tip-ability Harbor Freight 2 ton shop crane

Yeah, in the other thread, a poster issued a super-caution against moving
the crane while stuff is hoisted.
Good advice, IF you can adhere to it--which you can't always do.

As I said before, always gauge the stability/tip-ability. If you do have to
move the crane/object, lower the object as much as possible, mebbe even
taking the time to better position it altogether (re-rig, once off the
truck).

What we did was to put the lathe on a cupla dollies, whilst being
semi-hoisted, to make transport easier. Worked nice.

In my case, later I had the absolute worst-case scenarios of being cramped,
having the lathe hoisted way high, being off balance, AND having to move the
whole goddamm thing--hopefully never ever again!

Whenever I pass the lathe (snap handle, DRO, bro), I lean over, hug her, and
apologize....
----------------------------
Mr. P.V.'d
formerly Droll Troll
"Ignoramus7702" wrote in message
I brought one home today, partially assembled it and put in my
truck. Hopefully, I could use it tomorrow. Some impressions.

1. It is built sturdily.

2. It is missing a bunch of hardware (split washers, plain washers).

3. At least one caster will have limited range of turning due to bolts
being slightly too long.

4. Partially disassembled, it can be easily transported and does not
take much space.

5. Most of it can be stored outdoors.

6. It does feel a little bit flakey, not strength wise, but with
respect to things that do not quite perfectly fit etc.

7. I do not like the way the leg extensions are secured by bolts
pushing on them when tightened (as opposed to what I would prefer,
through bolts).

I have no idea how well does the ram operate, however, without load,
it does properly work.

I will see if positives outweigh the negatives, tomorrow.

Chuck Sherwood

If you are still talking about moving the clausing mill,
I have been told that it can be fairly easily disassembled
to make moving trivial.

cs