Douglas Adams

Default Tree J425 CNC w/PC2100 controls

Anyone have anything good or bad to say about this machine?

Douglas Adams

When did Tree go out of business?

"Douglas Adams" wrote in message
Anyone have anything good or bad to say about this machine?

Steven Haerr - CNCTrader Corp

That would be the only one I have ever seen with a 2100 control...

--
Steven Haerr
CNCTRADER CORPORATION

http://www.CNCTrader.com

=================================
"Douglas Adams" wrote in message
When did Tree go out of business?

"Douglas Adams" wrote in message
Anyone have anything good or bad to say about this machine?

everydayjoe

Tree is out of business. Some parts may be hard if not impossible to get.
I have a Tree J300 that I got off ebay for $750. It cleaned up nicely and is
running very good. AS really rigid machine.

"Douglas Adams" wrote in message
Anyone have anything good or bad to say about this machine?

Douglas Adams

I've discovered that the Journeyman 425 was made by Tonmac out of china.
http://china.tonmac.com.cn/e/product...index_j425.htm

It appears that they are still making them?

"everydayjoe" wrote in message

Tree is out of business. Some parts may be hard if not impossible to get.
I have a Tree J300 that I got off ebay for $750. It cleaned up nicely and

is
running very good. AS really rigid machine.

"Douglas Adams" wrote in message
Anyone have anything good or bad to say about this machine?

Steven Haerr - CNCTrader Corp

In fact, the TREE brand name has been used by many different factories and
for many different machine types over the last 20-30 years, from China,
Japan, America, Taiwan, Czech Republic, etc., and on lathes, mills,
threading machines, and probably other things too. (It seems Ellison Machy
has a hand in many of them). The TREE name just doesn't seem worth much
these days as a "brand".

Good luck in your choice.

[...]

Tonmac's web site is funny!

Machine tools and Lawn Mowers are their main products. Yep, I'll bet they
know a lot about cutting technology - although "grass cutting tech" is
probably the easier one to get right, for sure.

Got to give them credit for making a Tree-like copy right on however. I
wonder if their lawn mowers are really just copies of Honda mowers too? Not
an original thought in their heads...

--

"Steven Haerr - CNCTrader Corp" wrote in message
[...]

Gunner

On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 06:39:52 -0700, "everydayjoe"
wrote:

Tree is out of business. Some parts may be hard if not impossible to get.
I have a Tree J300 that I got off ebay for $750. It cleaned up nicely and is
running very good. AS really rigid machine.

"Douglas Adams" wrote in message
Anyone have anything good or bad to say about this machine?

Jeff Polaski is getting a J300 (journeyman 300) in the next few days.
You might be able to help him get the old girl up and running.

Gunner

Rule #35
"That which does not kill you,
has made a huge tactical error"
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Haerr - CNCTrader Corp
In fact, the TREE brand name has been used by many different factories and
for many different machine types over the last 20-30 years, from China,
Japan, America, Taiwan, Czech Republic, etc., and on lathes, mills,
threading machines, and probably other things too. (It seems Ellison Machy
has a hand in many of them). The TREE name just doesn't seem worth much
these days as a "brand".

Good luck in your choice.

--
Steven Haerr
CNCTRADER CORPORATION
42179 Sarah Way
Temecula, CA 92590-3415
Ph (951) 308-1770 Fx (951) 308-1772

While I'm certainly not as knowledgeable as Steve, I can tell you that I have recently seen three Tree CNC mills locally, two 425s and one 250. All were made in the Czech Republic. Two have 2100 controls, one has a Dynapath Delta 40. The Czech Tree mills are very well made. I'd be happy to correspond with you regarding the 425 you're describing. While Tree is out of business, there are at least two companies with former long time Tree employees who are supporting the machinery, particularly the knee mills.

Tree was a Wisconsin company for many decades. The original owner had a number of patents related to knee mills. I've never seen a Tree knee mill that was Asian.

Tree did "partner" with Kira, an Asian company, to manufacture vertical milling centers and maybe lathes. I've not seen these in person...