Default Tuck-Pointing a Fireplace Pulling from House

The brick fireplace chimney on my mother's 32 year-old home is in need
of repair badly, and since I parged her foundation last summer, I want
to get started on repairing the fireplace.

I never did tuck-pointing before, and it seems one of those
pain-in-the-butt type time-consuming jobs. If anyone has any tips to
make the job easier, I'd appreciate hearing about it here.

Also, the chimney lists about an inch away from the rest of the brick
fascia (of the house). I obviously can't glue it back. I'd like
suggestions on the best "adhesive mortar" to use for this job.

m Ransley

Lists-leans an inch? You better get pro estimates and be sure you are
fully covered even liability on her house for you work on this one.
Actualy I dought you may want to do it. The mortar may be so bad it is
just sand compressing. You need to remove all loose mortar, if it is
that deep loose what is going to hold it from going over. Many bad
chimneys get removed and rebuilt. Get a few pros out to get up and look
before you decide it is a simple job, some books are good to. There is
alot to correct chimney repair. It could have a bad liner so it is
deteriorated from inside and out, you need mortar mix, not to thin or it
will crack, it must be cleaned or mortar wont bond, it can mean acid
washing Before new mortar. Chimneys get the most abuse. It could be a
nightmare if you just jump into it or repairs fail in a few years done
improperly.

Michael Baugh

I've been doing an impromptu study of trolls and troll wannabe's,
and I don't really have a category for this one.
Obviously not a troll, because it's so easily recognized for its usenet
psychopath qualities.
Not a wannabe, since there aren't any troll aspects. If it were a fisher, it
would be like one dropping a concrete block down to try to clobber the fish.
So does anyone have some other category to put this high Bozo- factor poster
into?

wrote in message
On 30 Mar 2005 02:36:58 -0800, "
wrote:

The brick fireplace chimney on my mother's 32 year-old home is in need
of repair badly, and since I parged her foundation last summer, I want
to get started on repairing the fireplace.

I never did tuck-pointing before, and it seems one of those
pain-in-the-butt type time-consuming jobs. If anyone has any tips to
make the job easier, I'd appreciate hearing about it here.

Also, the chimney lists about an inch away from the rest of the brick
fascia (of the house). I obviously can't glue it back. I'd like
suggestions on the best "adhesive mortar" to use for this job.

The day I got my gun I became a man. Before that I was a defenseless
wimp. Then I got my gun. That was the day I became tough, and became
a man. I can now kill anyone I want. If anyone ****es me off, I can
simply pull my gun and they're gone. A gun is what makes a man, and
the bigger the gun, the bigger the man. I love my gun. It made me
what I am today. I now have respect and no longer have to put up with
jerks who used to pick on me. Now I am tough, I just point my gun at
them, and they leave. Well, most leave, one didn't, and I had to
shoot him. Pretty soon I will have enough money saved to buy a bigger
gun, so I can be even more of a man. I dont know how I got thru life
before I had a gun, but I am sure glad I got one now. In fact, I
think I will go see if anyone wants to **** with me this weekend. I'd
kind of like to shoot someone again, besides the neighbors dogs and
cats. Watching a person die is so exciting, especially when I am the
one who shot them. It's kind of like being God, because I get to
choose who lives and who dies. My gun is the coolest!

m Ransley

Mihael B , it is just someone not getting attention at alt hvac hacks

Harry K

Michael Baugh wrote:
I've been doing an impromptu study of trolls and troll wannabe's,
and I don't really have a category for this one.
Obviously not a troll, because it's so easily recognized for its

usenet
psychopath qualities.
Not a wannabe, since there aren't any troll aspects. If it were a

fisher, it
would be like one dropping a concrete block down to try to clobber

the fish.
So does anyone have some other category to put this high Bozo- factor

poster
into?

wrote in message
On 30 Mar 2005 02:36:58 -0800, "
wrote:

[...]

Errmm...someone with the mentality of a 6 yoa playing with mommies
computer??

Harry K