DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Covering Exterior Lead Paint with Housewrap ? Siding ? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/96303-covering-exterior-lead-paint-housewrap-siding.html)

dan March 23rd 05 10:30 PM

Covering Exterior Lead Paint with Housewrap ? Siding ?

My 75 year old home is sided in white aluminum ( probably 30 years old
), but the overhangs of my hip roof are not sided and the paint is
peeling crazy and I know there are layers of lead paint there. Can I
jut put vinyl siding over these areas to cover them ? What about the
curved moldings of the roof ? OR what about covering all of it in
housewrap, then siding ? can you paint housewrap ? Help appreciated -
thanks

Dan

m Ransley March 23rd 05 11:55 PM

It may not be lead paint, why not scrape and paint it. You mentioned
painted housewrap, Tyvek?