Some Poster

Default PL and PL400 glue are the same

I am looking for some adhesives to glue laminates to
the stair. A while back someone on the net mentioned
PL400. I can only find PL at Home Depot and Lowes. I
was wondering if they are essentially same for my
purpose?
Robert Allison

Some Poster wrote:
I am looking for some adhesives to glue laminates to
the stair. A while back someone on the net mentioned
PL400. I can only find PL at Home Depot and Lowes. I
was wondering if they are essentially same for my
purpose?

No, it is not. PL 400 is a superior adhesive that is
permanent and waterproof, not to mention self shimming. The
self shimming means that if there are voids, the PL 400 will
harden and fill the gap, making a shimmed void so to speak.
Here is the website explaining the different types:

http://www.stickwithpl.com/Products/...nstruction.asp

You can get whatever you want at most real lumber yards.

--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.