Junior Member

Default Vaillant Boiler - Pressure running high

I have a Vaillant combi bolier (about 10 years old) with the pressure guage jumping to the max all the time. I have to use the pressure release tap to release the excess water once every week or even every two days!

I know the pressure represents the amount of water store inside the boiler, so is it a problem with my top-up tap that slowly letting excess water into the boiler or is it something else?

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

Good Morning.

Gauge pressure reading relates to height of water in pipes above. What
you describe happening could be caused by failure of expansion tank or
of pressure-regulating fill-valve. Or both.

To diagnose and fix, I'd suggest you contact a competent plumber.

HTH,
John

--
Opuscm

Mixing header and pumps John Aston UK diy 79 December 8th 04 09:50 AM
What's wrong with my central heating system? Jim T UK diy 7 October 31st 04 04:04 PM
combi boiler - hot water pressure Nicolas P UK diy 6 October 10th 04 10:02 PM
Heat banks (again!) Dave UK diy 148 September 6th 04 08:45 PM
Another heating problem question! David Hearn UK diy 9 December 12th 03 08:29 PM