The Natural Philosopher

Default Where get cheapest methylated spirits?

Bill Woods wrote:

I use METHYLATED SPIRITS as a cleaner in the home and garage. I want
to buy a couple of litres.

At present my local hardware shop sells it for a rather expensive
£1.75 / 500ml.

I don't see meths listed online at any of the websites for Homebase,
Focus or B&Q. Do these DIY chains actually stock meths and what do
they charge?

Or maybe there are cheaper places to buy meths?

ALternatively I am told that ISOPROPYL ALCOHOL (also
called ISOPROPANOL) is a good cleaner but the only place I have seen
it is the chemists and they charge handsomely for it! Maybe there is
a cheapish source for ISOPROPYL ALCOHOL?

In teh sasme veind, anyine know where to get 5l of ACETONE withouit
having to prove I am a vicar or definitely NOT refiniong cociane or
something?
Mark W

In teh sasme veind, anyine know where to get 5l of ACETONE withouit having
to prove I am a vicar or definitely NOT refiniong cociane or something?

hairdressers' / beauty salons' wholesaler?

Mary Fisher

"Mark W" s@o wrote in message

In teh sasme veind, anyine know where to get 5l of ACETONE withouit
having to prove I am a vicar or definitely NOT refiniong cociane or
something?

hairdressers' / beauty salons' wholesaler?

It appears that what he's on is having the desired effect ...

Mary

The Natural Philosopher

Mark W wrote:

In teh sasme veind, anyine know where to get 5l of ACETONE withouit having
to prove I am a vicar or definitely NOT refiniong cociane or something?

hairdressers' / beauty salons' wholesaler?

Nope. They tend to use 250mol bottles ONLY.
Rob Morley

In article , "The Natural
Philosopher" says...
Bill Woods wrote:

I use METHYLATED SPIRITS as a cleaner in the home and garage. I want
to buy a couple of litres.

At present my local hardware shop sells it for a rather expensive
£1.75 / 500ml.

I don't see meths listed online at any of the websites for Homebase,
Focus or B&Q. Do these DIY chains actually stock meths and what do
they charge?

Or maybe there are cheaper places to buy meths?

ALternatively I am told that ISOPROPYL ALCOHOL (also
called ISOPROPANOL) is a good cleaner but the only place I have seen
it is the chemists and they charge handsomely for it! Maybe there is
a cheapish source for ISOPROPYL ALCOHOL?

In teh sasme veind, anyine know where to get 5l of ACETONE withouit
having to prove I am a vicar or definitely NOT refiniong cociane or
something?

http://www.resin-supplies.co.uk/Pricelist.htm
or similar?

Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)

wrote:

In teh sasme veind, anyine know where to get 5l of ACETONE withouit
having to prove I am a vicar or definitely NOT refiniong cociane or
something?

I have just bought the very same from a fibreglass vendor, CFS. Telephone
01209 821028. I have purchased polyester resin too and I have never used
such high quality resin. It flows and wets incredibly well, dries in a
sensible time and isn't sticky when cured. The service and prices are also
excellent in my opinion.

Another Dave

The Natural Philosopher wrote:
Bill Woods wrote:
In teh sasme veind, anyine know where to get 5l of ACETONE withouit

having to prove I am a vicar or definitely NOT refiniong cociane or
something?

I thought you used Ether for refining cocaine.

--
Change nospam to webtribe in e-mail address
The Natural Philosopher

Bill Woods wrote:

In teh sasme veind, anyine know where to get 5l of ACETONE withouit

having to prove I am a vicar or definitely NOT refiniong cociane or
something?

I thought you used Ether for refining cocaine.

Shows how littel I know about it doesn't it.
4square

Most French supermarkets have it in one litre bottles.

raden

In message .com,
4square writes
Most French supermarkets have it in one litre bottles.

Vin de table ?

--
geoff
Dave Liquorice

On Sun, 06 Mar 2005 01:26:50 GMT, raden wrote:

Most French supermarkets have it in one litre bottles.

Vin de table ?

Thought that was glycol again... Oh that was Austrian wasn't it? Not
French.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail

Ian Johnston

On Thu, 3 Mar 2005 21:15:39 UTC, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

: In teh sasme veind, anyine know where to get 5l of ACETONE withouit
: having to prove I am a vicar or definitely NOT refiniong cociane or
: something?

Glass fibre suppliers.

Ian

raden

In message om, Dave
Liquorice writes
On Sun, 06 Mar 2005 01:26:50 GMT, raden wrote:

Most French supermarkets have it in one litre bottles.

Vin de table ?

Thought that was glycol again... Oh that was Austrian wasn't it? Not
French.

It's happened in both France and Italy too AFAIK

--
geoff