DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   READ THE DAMNED LABEL!!! (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/93728-read-damned-label.html)

Bubba March 2nd 05 10:31 PM

READ THE DAMNED LABEL!!!

It is absolutely amazing how much a can of spray-on oven cleaner looks like
a can of Lemon-Scented Pledge when you aren't wearing your glasses.

Doug Miller March 2nd 05 10:44 PM

In article , "Bubba" wrote:
It is absolutely amazing how much a can of spray-on oven cleaner looks like
a can of Lemon-Scented Pledge when you aren't wearing your glasses.

So.... did you try to clean your oven with Lemon Pledge, or did you try to
dust your furniture with Easy-Off?

That's a mistake I'll never make. I can't find my way across the room without
my glasses. I take them off to clean them, to shower, to swim, or when I go to
bed. Otherwise, they're on my nose.

--
Regards,

John Harlow March 2nd 05 10:50 PM

It is absolutely amazing how much a can of spray-on oven cleaner
looks like a can of Lemon-Scented Pledge when you aren't wearing your
glasses.

Be glad it wasn't spray adhesive!

SteveB March 2nd 05 11:15 PM

"Bubba" wrote in message
It is absolutely amazing how much a can of spray-on oven cleaner looks
like a can of Lemon-Scented Pledge when you aren't wearing your glasses.

NEVER ............... EVER ................. keep KY and Ben-gue in the same
nightstand!

In the dark, they are identical.

Except for the screaming.

Steve

Warren Weber March 2nd 05 11:53 PM

"Bubba" wrote in message
It is absolutely amazing how much a can of spray-on oven cleaner looks
like a can of Lemon-Scented Pledge when you aren't wearing your glasses.

That hit home. The box of chicken broth looked a lot like the box of soy
milk in the fridge. Chicken broth on cereal is bad tasting.W W

Doug Miller March 3rd 05 12:56 AM

In article sOrVd.1953$8k2.1368@fed1read03, "SteveB" wrote:

"Bubba" wrote in message
It is absolutely amazing how much a can of spray-on oven cleaner looks
like a can of Lemon-Scented Pledge when you aren't wearing your glasses.

NEVER ............... EVER ................. keep KY and Ben-gue in the same
nightstand!

In the dark, they are identical.

Except for the screaming.

And the odor. Do you have no sense of smell?

--
Regards,

Doug Miller March 3rd 05 12:58 AM

In article , "Warren Weber" hiviewNO wrote:

"Bubba" wrote in message
It is absolutely amazing how much a can of spray-on oven cleaner looks
like a can of Lemon-Scented Pledge when you aren't wearing your glasses.

That hit home. The box of chicken broth looked a lot like the box of soy
milk in the fridge. Chicken broth on cereal is bad tasting.

In contrast to soy milk, of course, which tastes bad on everything....

--
Regards,

Oscar_Lives March 3rd 05 01:23 AM

No ****! It also looks just like a can of lemon-scented deodorant.

Stormin Mormon March 3rd 05 01:52 AM

Are you having lemon scented potroast tonight?

Or did you degrease your furniture?

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Stormin Mormon March 3rd 05 01:52 AM

You hear about the gal who couldn't tell the difference between vaseline and
putty?

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Stormin Mormon March 3rd 05 01:52 AM

and one smells of wintergreen oil?

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Jim Yanik March 3rd 05 02:33 AM

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in
:

You hear about the gal who couldn't tell the difference between
vaseline and putty?

I met a young lady who when given a yellow squeeze bottle and a red squeeze
bottle and told to refill them,asked which one was ketchup and which one
mustard.

Truth!

But,boy,she sure is gorgeous!(blond,too!)

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Jim Yanik March 3rd 05 02:35 AM

"SteveB" wrote in

"Bubba" wrote in message
It is absolutely amazing how much a can of spray-on oven cleaner
looks like a can of Lemon-Scented Pledge when you aren't wearing your
glasses.

NEVER ............... EVER ................. keep KY and Ben-gue in
the same nightstand!

In the dark, they are identical.

Except for the screaming.

Steve

When I was a small child,I squirted BenGue onto my tongue.
(tasting things stage)

I *still* remember it.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Robert Barr March 3rd 05 06:11 AM

Bubba wrote:
It is absolutely amazing how much a can of spray-on oven cleaner looks like
a can of Lemon-Scented Pledge when you aren't wearing your glasses.

At least you didn't mistake it for the aerosol antiperspirant.

Stormin Mormon March 3rd 05 01:31 PM

Or eye drops versus lens cleaner.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

William Brown March 3rd 05 04:03 PM

All her windows fell out?

Stormin Mormon wrote:
You hear about the gal who couldn't tell the difference between vaseline and
putty?

there.

Stormin Mormon March 4th 05 03:09 AM

Actually, word for word, that is the correct punchline.

Your father told you that one, too?

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"William Brown" wrote in message
All her windows fell out?

John Harlow March 4th 05 04:04 AM

William Brown wrote:
All her windows fell out?

Why would someone put windows *there*?

Dee March 4th 05 04:58 AM

Absolutely true story from many years ago: Just out of shower, not wearing
glasses, FDS & can of underarm deodorant. I got that skylight I'd always
wanted.