Nehmo Sergheyev

Default URL of the Day

Georgia-Pacific has product called DensArmor, which is gypsum board with
a fiberglass (instead of paper) facing. The ads say mold is less likely
to grow. The 5/8" x 4'x8' sheet costs US$19 here in Kansas City, and
only three places carry it. For comparison, regular 5/8 sheetrock at
Lowe's is US$8.64 right now. I've never used the new stuff, but I
filled-out the form for the samples, and I got a box full of them today.
http://www.gp.com/build/samples.html

So, is it worth the ten extra bucks?

--
*********************
* Nehmo Sergheyev *

Phil Scott

"Nehmo Sergheyev" wrote in message
Georgia-Pacific has product called DensArmor, which is

gypsum board with
a fiberglass (instead of paper) facing. The ads say mold is

less likely
to grow. The 5/8" x 4'x8' sheet costs US$19 here in Kansas

City, and
only three places carry it. For comparison, regular 5/8

sheetrock at
Lowe's is US$8.64 right now. I've never used the new stuff,

but I
filled-out the form for the samples, and I got a box full of

them today.
http://www.gp.com/build/samples.html

So, is it worth the ten extra bucks?

Im sure it is in some locations,, hard wear areas, and moist
areas. It might be 10% of the market. not for most of the
house though. but a hot option for those other areas.

Phil Scott

--
*********************
* Nehmo Sergheyev *

RicodJour

Nehmo Sergheyev wrote:
Georgia-Pacific has product called DensArmor, which is gypsum board

with
a fiberglass (instead of paper) facing. The ads say mold is less

likely
to grow. The 5/8" x 4'x8' sheet costs US$19 here in Kansas City, and
only three places carry it. For comparison, regular 5/8 sheetrock at
Lowe's is US$8.64 right now. I've never used the new stuff, but I
filled-out the form for the samples, and I got a box full of them

today.
http://www.gp.com/build/samples.html

So, is it worth the ten extra bucks?

Check the John Bridge tile forum. If it's the stuff I think it is, it
got trashed, literally. That was in tile installations. If you just
need it for regular drywall work, using mildew inhibiting paint will
give you the protection you need.

It might be worth it for intitutional applications.
TB