Greg

Default Microwave Not Warming

It is a Frigidaire above the oven model. Two years old. Just last night it
stopped warming food. Everything else works okay. It has power. The tray
turns. All the features still work. Just no heat. I tried different power
level settings. Nothing. I changed the plug from one outlet to another.
Reset the breaker box. Still no heating. The control pad works okay. The
lights work. Just no heat. Anyone have any idea what it wrong?

thanks,
Greg

Edwin Pawlowski

"Greg" wrote in message
It is a Frigidaire above the oven model. Two years old. Just last night it
stopped warming food. Everything else works okay. It has power. The tray
turns. All the features still work. Just no heat. I tried different power
level settings. Nothing. I changed the plug from one outlet to another.
Reset the breaker box. Still no heating. The control pad works okay. The
lights work. Just no heat. Anyone have any idea what it wrong?

thanks,
Greg

Yes, its broken. The magnetron may still be in warranty so check out the
Frigidaire customer service. Cold be something else also.

Stormin Mormon

I've worked on a couple microwaves. they have a high voltage (12.5 KV)
diode off the transformer. Sometimes those go bad. So the microwave hums,
but doesn't heat.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Greg" wrote in message
It is a Frigidaire above the oven model. Two years old. Just last night it
stopped warming food. Everything else works okay. It has power. The tray
turns. All the features still work. Just no heat. I tried different power
level settings. Nothing. I changed the plug from one outlet to another.
Reset the breaker box. Still no heating. The control pad works okay. The
lights work. Just no heat. Anyone have any idea what it wrong?

thanks,
Greg

Appliance Repair Aid

Greg wrote:
It is a Frigidaire above the oven model. Two years old. Just last

night it
stopped warming food. Everything else works okay. It has power. The

tray
turns. All the features still work. Just no heat. I tried different

power
level settings. Nothing. I changed the plug from one outlet to

another.
Reset the breaker box. Still no heating. The control pad works okay.

The
lights work. Just no heat. Anyone have any idea what it wrong?

thanks,
Greg

Hi,

Everything else works okay. It has power. The tray
turns. All the features still work. Just no heat.

Any strange noises?

A copy:

Q - The microwave makes a loud "hum or buzz" noise but will not heat up
the food?

A - 9 times out of 10 this is usually this is a bad magnetron, the
other time is sometimes a bad high voltage diode. See components (
http://www.applianceaid.com/component.html ) section.

Q - My microwave is running and sounds like it is working but will not
heat up anything.

A - Many thing can do this but, common things are....loose high voltage
wire.....poor solder joint on board.....magnetron.....power relay.....

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/