DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Toilet flush connector (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/93013-toilet-flush-connector.html)

Puddin' Man February 27th 05 05:21 PM

Toilet flush connector

Hi,

I have a standard flush toilet such as were commonly installed
in the midwest in the 50's.

It has a flap stopper that works OK (I had to drill a hole
in it). The handle/lever looks OK.

Question is, what should I use to connect the lever to
the stopper? I have tried nylon cord, wire, and chain
in the past. All, in time, presented problems.

Because the stopper seals OK, I don't wish to replace it.
Just fashion something to connect it to the lever so
it won't jam/kink etc.

Any/all suggestions most welcome.

Cheers,
Puddin'

*** Puddin' Man PuddingDotMan at GmailDotCom ***
************************************************** ****;

David Martel February 27th 05 05:40 PM

Chain is pretty common.

Dave M.

SQLit February 27th 05 08:25 PM

"Puddin' Man" wrote in message
Toilet flush connector

Hi,

I have a standard flush toilet such as were commonly installed
in the midwest in the 50's.

It has a flap stopper that works OK (I had to drill a hole
in it). The handle/lever looks OK.

Question is, what should I use to connect the lever to
the stopper? I have tried nylon cord, wire, and chain
in the past. All, in time, presented problems.

Because the stopper seals OK, I don't wish to replace it.
Just fashion something to connect it to the lever so
it won't jam/kink etc.

Any/all suggestions most welcome.

if you can tie the correct knot....... fishing line with a couple of split
sinkers spaced to keep it untangled.

Stormin Mormon February 28th 05 07:03 PM

Most toilets use a brass chain. YOu can also fashion a nylon tie strap,
maybe. But the brass chain is a good idea.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Matt February 28th 05 07:38 PM

Just leave the top off the tank, then reach in and pull the flapper up.
This way you wash your hands and flush the toilet in one highly
efficient step.

Puddin' Man February 28th 05 08:35 PM

On 28 Feb 2005 11:38:36 -0800, "Matt" wrote:

Just leave the top off the tank, then reach in and pull the flapper up.
This way you wash your hands and flush the toilet in one highly
efficient step.

Works Great. Particularly just before ya rip into a nice, big
Kentucky Fried Chicken dinner or a mess of BBQ.

Give it a try!!!

Puddin' Man February 28th 05 08:37 PM

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 19:03:37 GMT, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

Most toilets use a brass chain. YOu can also fashion a nylon tie strap,
maybe. But the brass chain is a good idea.

The way I'm set up, -any- kind of chain is gonna kink.

I guess I'll try the nylon cord again ...

Thanks,
Puddin'

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Puddin' Man" wrote in message
.. .
Toilet flush connector

Hi,

I have a standard flush toilet such as were commonly installed
in the midwest in the 50's.

It has a flap stopper that works OK (I had to drill a hole
in it). The handle/lever looks OK.

Question is, what should I use to connect the lever to
the stopper? I have tried nylon cord, wire, and chain
in the past. All, in time, presented problems.

Because the stopper seals OK, I don't wish to replace it.
Just fashion something to connect it to the lever so
it won't jam/kink etc.

Any/all suggestions most welcome.

Cheers,
Puddin'

************************************************* *****
*** Puddin' Man PuddingDotMan at GmailDotCom ***
************************************************* *****;

Matt February 28th 05 08:37 PM

Why in the world do you think I would suggest anything that I havnt
checked out myself?

Nehmo Sergheyev March 1st 05 02:28 PM

- Puddin' Man -
The way I'm set up, -any- kind of chain is gonna kink.
I guess I'll try the nylon cord again ...

- Nehmo -
A new flush valve with cord included would not costs much, but I
understand. I've permanently fixed some toilets with what was available
in the washroom: dental floss works okay. Use a doubled-up strand, and
make sure the knot it secure.

--
* Nehmo Sergheyev *