Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Redlocks

Default tile floor help

I recently purchased a ninety year old townhouse that was converted into a 3
unit building shortly after World War II. The 3rd floor bathroom originally
had a tile floor (approx. 1" hexagonal tiles) which has sagged probably due
to settlement. I recently discovered the tile after removing vinyl flooring
which had been glued on top of the tiles.

I would very much like to install ceramic tile, probably 12" square tiles,
however removal of the old tiles and a 2 1/2 concrete subfloor is too
costly.

Figuring that most of the settlement that was going to occur probably has
done so already, I was wondering if there is any way to fill the valley
created by the sagging with a material that will level the floor
enough to install new tile over the existing tile. My guess is that the
floor's lowest point is 3/8" to 1/2" lower than its highest point.

John

Having trouble removing old ceramic tile [email protected] Home Ownership 2 January 3rd 05 04:54 PM
Tile installation estimate in line with market? ate1 Home Repair 3 October 28th 04 11:13 PM
**** Tile questions ceramic .vs. porcelain **** TheCouchCruncher Home Repair 6 October 9th 04 03:27 AM
Florida Tile LD Home Ownership 17 March 2nd 04 11:52 PM
Tile Indentation & Cracking, Installer, and the Attorney General Ben Home Repair 8 July 18th 03 02:25 PM