Tim Zimmerman

Default Leaky faucet warps countertop.

We are living with a squirting leak on the base of the kitchen swing spout
faucet. The swinging spout seal has been leaking for many years. We've
reported the problem to the landlord. But when the repairman came, he
replaced faucet with a brand new one of the same type and the problem
continues weeks later.

I took the circular seal out from the base (see #13 in the pic below) and
find nothing wrong with it so I put it back in. It still leaks. What are some
ways I can make it stop leaking?

Thanks
Exclude part #17 in this pic http://www.plumbingstore.com/images/valley10.gif

itsallgood

I think the real seal is an o-ring up in there.
Maybe the repairman took a faucet from another unit and switched yours
to theirs.

CES

"Tim Zimmerman" wrote in message
news
We are living with a squirting leak on the base of the kitchen swing spout
faucet. The swinging spout seal has been leaking for many years. We've
reported the problem to the landlord. But when the repairman came, he
replaced faucet with a brand new one of the same type and the problem
continues weeks later.

I took the circular seal out from the base (see #13 in the pic below) and
find nothing wrong with it so I put it back in. It still leaks. What are
some
ways I can make it stop leaking?

Thanks
Exclude part #17 in this pic
http://www.plumbingstore.com/images/valley10.gif

This looks like a Delta faucet. Part # 13 is not the seal, it's a friction
washer. You need to replace the three orings above it.

Hope this helps.

~C~

Clark Griswold

"Tim Zimmerman" wrote in message
news
We are living with a squirting leak on the base of the kitchen swing spout
faucet. The swinging spout seal has been leaking for many years. We've
reported the problem to the landlord. But when the repairman came, he
replaced faucet with a brand new one of the same type and the problem
continues weeks later.

I took the circular seal out from the base (see #13 in the pic below) and
find nothing wrong with it so I put it back in. It still leaks. What are
some
ways I can make it stop leaking?

Thanks
Exclude part #17 in this pic
http://www.plumbingstore.com/images/valley10.gif

Vaseline on the o-rings.

Charles Spitzer

"Clark Griswold" wrote in message
"Tim Zimmerman" wrote in message
news
We are living with a squirting leak on the base of the kitchen swing
spout
faucet. The swinging spout seal has been leaking for many years. We've
reported the problem to the landlord. But when the repairman came, he
replaced faucet with a brand new one of the same type and the problem
continues weeks later.

I took the circular seal out from the base (see #13 in the pic below) and
find nothing wrong with it so I put it back in. It still leaks. What are
some
ways I can make it stop leaking?

Thanks
Exclude part #17 in this pic
http://www.plumbingstore.com/images/valley10.gif

Vaseline on the o-rings.

use of an oil based product on an oring not designed for this will cause it
to self destruct. try using a silicone based grease instead.