habbi

Default ventilating closed in rafters

What is the proper way to ventilate closed in rafters. I am building a new
house and the "great room" has cathedral ceilings made with 16" I joists on
24" centers at a 14/12 pitch. It is sheathed with 6" boards then tar paper
and asphalt shingles. The boards are fairly green being sawn this past
summer. Anyway I was told to use styrofoam truevents top to bottom (~18
feet) so air can enter the bottom and exit the ridge vent. As I see it, this
will not draw moisture out of the space with insulation. Should I space each
4' true vent from each other by an inch or so? Should I cut little holes
periodically. I am just thinking that if moisture finds it way through the
vapour barrier and into the insulation it should have a way of getting into
the space provided by the true vents. Also the true vents I have seen are
only 12" wide and the rafters are on 24" centers. Should I put 2 side by
side or is 1 enough. Thanks for any opinions.

Rafters & binders. N. Thornton UK diy 0 January 13th 05 12:26 AM
Rafters & binders. Ken UK diy 0 January 11th 05 09:49 PM
Closed caption text turn off WITHOUT the remote Deke Electronics Repair 1 January 8th 04 02:44 AM
Flushing a closed central heating system aris UK diy 1 October 17th 03 09:19 PM
Closed system open system raditors Adam Topp UK diy 6 September 16th 03 06:14 PM