Joe

Default Dryer not drying completely

My dryer has quit drying clothes completely when using the automatic mode.
When it was new I could use the auto dry settings and it would run till the
clothes were dry then stop no matter how long or short of time it took now
it will stop running before the clothes are dry signaling by buzz that they
are dry.
Do newer dryer have a "humidistat" to sense that the clothes are dry? I
am guessing something has to sense the humidity in the clothes as this is
not based on time.

Joe

Mad Mac

Joe wrote:

My dryer has quit drying clothes completely when using the automatic
mode. When it was new I could use the auto dry settings and it would
run till the clothes were dry then stop no matter how long or short of
time it took now it will stop running before the clothes are dry
signaling by buzz that they are dry.
Do newer dryer have a "humidistat" to sense that the clothes are
dry? I am guessing something has to sense the humidity in the clothes
as this is not based on time.

Joe

Generally, "extended drying time" problems come down to a venting issue.
I'd start by checking that first.
Appliance Repair Aid

Joe wrote:
My dryer has quit drying clothes completely when using the automatic

mode.
When it was new I could use the auto dry settings and it would run

till the
clothes were dry then stop no matter how long or short of time it

took now
it will stop running before the clothes are dry signaling by buzz

that they
are dry.
Do newer dryer have a "humidistat" to sense that the clothes are dry?

am guessing something has to sense the humidity in the clothes as

this is
not based on time.

Joe

Hi,

Do newer dryer have a "humidistat" to sense that the clothes are dry?

Most do not, some do have a sensor bar to tell an electronic control
how wet or dry the clothes are to tell the timer to move faster towards
the off position or slower towards the off position.

My dryer has quit drying clothes completely when using the automatic

mode.

It still works ok on the timed dry cycle?
Make, model#, approx age??

jeff
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

Unknown

I ditto that. As long as you feel hot air most likely there is a lint
blockage between the back of the dryer and where
it vents to the outside. I have had this experience before.

Joe wrote:
My dryer has quit drying clothes completely when using the automatic
mode. When it was new I could use the auto dry settings and it would run
till the clothes were dry then stop no matter how long or short of time
it took now it will stop running before the clothes are dry signaling by
buzz that they are dry.
Do newer dryer have a "humidistat" to sense that the clothes are dry?
I am guessing something has to sense the humidity in the clothes as this
is not based on time.

Joe

Joseph Meehan

Joe wrote:
My dryer has quit drying clothes completely when using the automatic
mode. When it was new I could use the auto dry settings and it would
run till the clothes were dry then stop no matter how long or short
of time it took now it will stop running before the clothes are dry
signaling by buzz that they are dry.
Do newer dryer have a "humidistat" to sense that the clothes are
dry? I am guessing something has to sense the humidity in the clothes
as this is not based on time.

Joe

It sure sounds like a venting problem. How far is the dryer from the
outside vent? How many 90º turns does it make getting there? When was the
last time you cleaned the lint from the line and from inside the dryer?

--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

Tom

"Appliance Repair Aid" wrote in message
oups.com...

Joe wrote:
[...]

And if used with a dryer with the sensor bar, anti static dryer sheets will
leave a waxy coating on the sensor bars so they can't read the moisture
content of the fabric. If so, it's necessary to clean them every three
months or so with a little alcohol to cut the wax.

Lola

I was having the very same problem with some pretty old machines in my
apartment.
I think the final result was poor venting that has been speculated
above.

I think this fix is definitely one for the pros. Poor venting can also
be a fire hazard as I have come to find out.
My guy from sears said it would be over $800.
Thankfully my landlord said new Kenmore HE4Ts would be going in.
The one advantage of renting.

Joseph Meehan

Lola wrote:
I was having the very same problem with some pretty old machines in my
apartment.
I think the final result was poor venting that has been speculated
above.

I think this fix is definitely one for the pros. Poor venting can also
be a fire hazard as I have come to find out.
My guy from sears said it would be over $800.
Thankfully my landlord said new Kenmore HE4Ts would be going in.

With new vents or just attached to the old?

The one advantage of renting.

--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

Lola

I believe with new vents.
I think my whole system is going to be updated when the HE4ts arrive.