DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   2 wires in one cable clamp. OK for Code? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/90903-2-wires-one-cable-clamp-ok-code.html)

Nick February 12th 05 11:40 PM

2 wires in one cable clamp. OK for Code?

Hi,

I have limited holes in the top of a panel and was wondering if it's
OK to put 2 lighting circuits thru a single cable clamp.
I can't see any reason that it would not be perfectly fine physically
but code may well be a different matter.

Thanks

Nick..

Matt February 13th 05 12:21 AM

Nick -

I'm pretty sure it's ok.... I've donw it and passed many an inspection,
but it's possible your locality is different.

Also, when you say lighting, I'm assuming 14/2 WG.

Matt

RBM February 13th 05 12:38 AM

Make that a standard romex connector. There is a thing called a "button" its
just a plastic disk that pops into the knockout and you can put one or two
romex cables through it. Its made by Arlington Industries