Walter R.

Default Unused circuit breaker

I have a circuit breaker in my master panel that serves a
disconnected/unused circuit.

I don't just want to remove the breaker because that would leave a gaping
hole in the panel.

Can I just disconnect the wires from the circuit breaker and put a wire-nut
on the end of each wire? Is it ok to have some lose wires, terminated by
wire nuts, dangling in the panel?

Walter
The Happy Iconoclast www.rationality.net
-

Bert Byfield

I have a circuit breaker in my master panel that serves a
disconnected/unused circuit.
I don't just want to remove the breaker because that would leave a
gaping hole in the panel.
Can I just disconnect the wires from the circuit breaker and put a
wire-nut on the end of each wire? Is it ok to have some lose wires,
terminated by wire nuts, dangling in the panel?
Walter

Why not just remove all the unused wires etc and leave only the circuit
breaker?

TURTLE

"Walter R." wrote in message
I have a circuit breaker in my master panel that serves a disconnected/unused
circuit.

I don't just want to remove the breaker because that would leave a gaping hole
in the panel.

Can I just disconnect the wires from the circuit breaker and put a wire-nut on
the end of each wire? Is it ok to have some lose wires, terminated by wire
nuts, dangling in the panel?

Walter
The Happy Iconoclast www.rationality.net

This is Turtle.

It's done all the time , but i would make sure the loose wires were very well
capped off and taped up to not let them touch anything in the box at all.

Now if you wanted to remove the breaker , you can go to any electric supply
warehouse and get breaker slot plugs and pull the breaker and put the plugs in
it's place in the open slots.

TURTLE

Doug Miller

In article , "Walter R." wrote:
I have a circuit breaker in my master panel that serves a
disconnected/unused circuit.

I don't just want to remove the breaker because that would leave a gaping
hole in the panel.

Can I just disconnect the wires from the circuit breaker and put a wire-nut
on the end of each wire? Is it ok to have some lose wires, terminated by
wire nuts, dangling in the panel?

What's wrong with just turning the breaker off, and leaving everything else
alone?

--
Regards,