Dave Harnish

Default Does Anybody Have this Sears Retractable Work Light?

Hi,

I've had an identical one for about 5 years, and it retracts
fine. I do apply car wax to it once in a while, but I drag it
around on the garage floor more than I should, and the floor
really gets dirty - we live on a dirt rd. The wax helps a lot.

I'd prob take it back, and if possible, pull on one or two on
the shelf before bringing another one home. But I def. have
no complaints with ours.

Hope that's of some help.

God bless,

Dave Harnish
Dave's Repair Service
New Albany, PA
www.DavesRepair.com

570-363-2404

Free home appliance tips from a 32-year pro repair
technician! Get your monthly email newsletter he
(Back issues now posted too!)
www.DavesRepair.com

John 3:3

"jim evans" wrote in message
Day before yesterday I bought this Sears retractable work light
http://tinyurl.com/5wm4e. It is too easy to pull the wire out of the
reel. That is, the retracting spring in the reel is not wound tight
enough. I hang it from the ceiling and it will not retract by
itself. I have to lift the light to get it to retract and about half
the time it won't retract even with me lifting it. It stops
retracting and the cord bunches up like a wet noodle. This is not
because it's jamming in the reel, it's because there is almost no
tension pulling on the wire.

Does anybody have one of these? Does it retract on it's own? I'm
trying to figure out whether to return it or exchange it. For reasons
too involved to explain, it is difficult to hang the thing where I
hang it, so I don't want to go to the trouble of hanging another just
to find out it's a defect in all these units.

jim