Mzone719

Default autoflo humidifier

Looking for reccomendations on a humidifier for my forced air system. Any HVAC
guys out there have a good reccomendation? Right now I am considering the
autoflo s2000, it's pricy but it looks like it's the best. Just can't find any
reviews on it anywhere. Any suggestions?

Thank you
Joseph Meehan

Mzone719 wrote:
Looking for reccomendations on a humidifier for my forced air system.
Any HVAC guys out there have a good reccomendation? Right now I am
considering the autoflo s2000, it's pricy but it looks like it's the
best. Just can't find any reviews on it anywhere. Any suggestions?

Thank you

I suggest Aprilair. It is not the cheapest, but it seems to be the most
respected. I personally have one and I am very happy with it.

--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

m Ransley

April air has a model that is set and forget. it tracks outside temp
with an outside thermometer and adjusts humidity automaticaly so you
dont overhumidify and have condensation problems. Condensation leads to
mold growth and window wood rot.

Mzone719

any particular aprilaire model? Someone told me the aprilaire are problematic
because they shoot water out into the duct work which leads to "pooling" and
then rotting duct work.

Thanks again

Greg O

"Mzone719" wrote in message
any particular aprilaire model? Someone told me the aprilaire are
problematic
because they shoot water out into the duct work which leads to "pooling"
and
then rotting duct work.

Thanks again

Sounds like an uninformed person. I would be more concerned with water
collecting in the ducts with a steam humidifier than a Aprilaire.
Check out their website, and go from there.
http://www.aprilaire.com/
I guess I would recommend either the model 700 or 600 depending on your
situation.
Greg

m Ransley

Who told you they "shoot water into the ductwork" a contractor that
does not sell them?? Was it Dave Hvac Fella ?

Mine wets a steel pad outside the duct. Look into the Automatic model.

Joseph Meehan

Mzone719 wrote:
any particular aprilaire model? Someone told me the aprilaire are
problematic because they shoot water out into the duct work which
leads to "pooling" and then rotting duct work.

Thanks again

Now that is a good one.

There are some mist type humidifiers that do spray water, but I don't
think Aprilair has such a model.

--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math