John

Default rite-temp thermostats any good?

I just picked one up. Programable touchscreen display interested me.

Anyone have any experience with these?

-Jeff

Christopher H. Laco

John wrote:
I just picked one up. Programable touchscreen display interested me.

Anyone have any experience with these?

-Jeff

I've had one for a year or so now. My only issue with it is that it's
about 1-2 degrees off of actual temp (higher). compared to my Oregon
Scientific thermo and my cooking thermo. Other than that I've had no
problems with it.
Bubba

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 06:57:15 -0500, "John" wrote:

I just picked one up. Programable touchscreen display interested me.

Anyone have any experience with these?

-Jeff

Define "good"
Bubba
Jerr

"Bubba" wrote in message
On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 06:57:15 -0500, "John" wrote:

I just picked one up. Programable touchscreen display interested me.

Anyone have any experience with these?

-Jeff

Define "good"
Bubba

I have one for awhile and have no problems at all with it. Works well. Of
course the 'experts' will tell you that it's crap and you should have bought
a Honeywell, etc.

Travis Jordan

Jerr wrote:
I have one for awhile and have no problems at all with it. Works
well.

How good is it at maintaining temperature (how big a degree swing do you
see)?

Jerr

"Travis Jordan" wrote in message
. ..
Jerr wrote:
I have one for awhile and have no problems at all with it. Works
well.

How good is it at maintaining temperature (how big a degree swing do you
see)?

1 degree but if I'm not mistaken, it's resettable.

Jerr

Jerr wrote:
I have one for awhile and have no problems at all with it. Works
well.

How good is it at maintaining temperature (how big a degree swing do you
see)?

Below is copied from the instruction book:

4 Special Features
SWING
• Swing setting determines the temperature difference from
ON to OFF that the thermostat will command the HVAC system to run.
• With the MODE switch in HEAT or COOL, press the MENU button.
• Touch the SWING icon and the current setting of temp
swing is shown on the display (default at 3 ).
• To change the swing, touch the left or right arrows.
The furnace will cycle more at the lower numbers as it
tries to keep your set point constant.