Victor Grund

Default Lubricating Wall Oven Hinges

I have a Jenn-Air electric double wall oven. One of the ovens squeaks
loudly from the door hinges when opened. I thought perhaps a little
lubricant might solve the problem rather than replacing the hinges.
Anyone know what lubricant would be appropriate for this application?

Thanks,
Victor
Jeff Wisnia

Victor Grund wrote:
I have a Jenn-Air electric double wall oven. One of the ovens squeaks
loudly from the door hinges when opened. I thought perhaps a little
lubricant might solve the problem rather than replacing the hinges.
Anyone know what lubricant would be appropriate for this application?

Thanks,
Victor

Get a can of silicone spray lubricant, preferably on which comes with a
thin plastic tube which can be stuck into the spray cap hole. Try
squirting a few quick puffs in various directions at any visible hinges
and through the holes in the frame that the curved counterbalance arms
(if any) go through.

IME the squeeks are usually from the counterbalance spring loops rubbing
on whatever they are hooked over.

Anyway, silicone is inert and won't damage anything it gets sprayed onto.

HTH

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia

(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

schools"
Appliance Repair Aid

Victor Grund wrote:
I have a Jenn-Air electric double wall oven. One of the ovens

squeaks
loudly from the door hinges when opened. I thought perhaps a little
lubricant might solve the problem rather than replacing the hinges.
Anyone know what lubricant would be appropriate for this application?

Thanks,
Victor

Hi,

Carefull of anything you use....don't need any ignition from the oven
heat!!

Replacing the hinge(s) may be the best repair.
I have used a little Sil-Glyde Lubricant from time to time as it can
handle up to 400=BAF.

http://www.repairclinic.com/referral...153&N=3D423679
The super film strength, long lasting, clear lubricating compound.
jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

Tony Hwang

Victor Grund wrote:
I have a Jenn-Air electric double wall oven. One of the ovens squeaks
loudly from the door hinges when opened. I thought perhaps a little
lubricant might solve the problem rather than replacing the hinges.
Anyone know what lubricant would be appropriate for this application?

Thanks,
Victor

Hi,
Try a spray which is based on Teflon. I think Liquid wrench has Teflon.
Tony
Paul Franklin

On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 16:09:14 GMT, Tony Hwang wrote:

Victor Grund wrote:
I have a Jenn-Air electric double wall oven. One of the ovens squeaks
loudly from the door hinges when opened. I thought perhaps a little
lubricant might solve the problem rather than replacing the hinges.
Anyone know what lubricant would be appropriate for this application?

Thanks,
Victor

Hi,
Try a spray which is based on Teflon. I think Liquid wrench has Teflon.
Tony

Powdered graphite (often sold to lubricate locks) would work well. It
comes in little tubes and you "puff" it where you want it. Make sure
you get the powdered form, it also comes mixed into an oily liquid but
it not suitable for high temperatures in that form.

Graphite is used for high temperature bearings so it can handle the
heat of the oven.

HTH,

Paul

Home made heat treating oven kiln: how to & Merry Xmas ! rashid111 Metalworking 8 January 1st 05 08:23 PM
insulating a wall Rick Dipper UK diy 10 August 6th 04 08:33 PM
Deck Set on Retaining Wall jacktripper Home Repair 6 July 22nd 04 06:22 PM
Microwave oven went KAPUT! What went wrong? Sam Goldwasser Electronics Repair 3 July 15th 04 10:09 PM
Concrete retaining wall issue revisited. Pat Keith Home Repair 14 August 20th 03 09:35 PM