Martin

Default Garage floor refinishing?

Looking for comments from anyone that has had their concrete garage floor
cleaned and/or refinished; either DIY or by a commercial outfit.

What was the coating used? Preparation? How long did it take? How is it
wearing? How big was the area ? Cost? Comments on things like that
would be helpful.

Thanks..

Joseph Meehan

Martin wrote:
Looking for comments from anyone that has had their concrete garage
floor cleaned and/or refinished; either DIY or by a commercial outfit.

What was the coating used? Preparation? How long did it take? How
is it wearing? How big was the area ? Cost? Comments on things
like that would be helpful.

Thanks..

I did mine. Clean up must be carefully done. You must follow the
directions that come with the correct product exactly. No cheating you it
will not work.

I used a two part epoxy paint made for garage floors. I don't know if
the same brand is still available. Don't use any product not designed for
garage floors as the warm tyres will take the paint right off the floor. I
strongly suggest two part epoxy, not one of the one part products. Mine has
been down several years and looks great, very easy to clean.

I did it myself, but it does require working with acid and some products
many people would rather not handle. If you are careful, most anyone can do
the job however. It does not take any super skills or abilities.

--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

Joe Bobst

I've never used it in a garage so I don't know whether it resists tire
heat.

Used it in my shop/garage since 1974. Resists tire heat just fine, even smoky
burn outs. YMMV

Joe