Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
dude

Default spray foam insulation for drafts???

Hi all, here is my dilemma:
I bought a house 2 years ago in the summer with a half finished basement
(supposedly). This is where my tv is and is a busy spot. I found out my
first winter that the walls were not insulated and and that there are some
nasty drafts. I stuffed insulation between the floor joists and where the
top of the foundation meet. This hasn't helped with the draft problems. I am
wondering if I should cut out an area at the top of my wall and ceiling and
try to use the spray foam insulation to seal the area between the floor
joists and foundation wall without bothering to insualte all the wall or
should i just rip all the drywall down and insulate it all. I want to use
the sray insulate because the regular insulation doesn't help with the
drafts. I have also heard that Ruxol insualion prevents drafts and wonder if
I should go with it.
I recently saw a home repair show on TV and they used the spray in their
atis to solve the draft issue.

Kudos
Steve