Keith

Default Need advice on wood insert intallation with factory chimney!

Hello,

I have a factory chimney with a typical wood burning fireplace.

I bought a Napolean 1101 wood insert and homesaver ultra pro liner.

The problem is that factory chimney has a sheet metal "canopy" that
kinda forms a funnel up to the flue... but the front to back depth of
the canopy is about 1 or 2 inches too narrow to allow the wood insert
out-take (on top) to have a clear shot up wards...

If I modify the sheet metal canopy by cutting some of it away, will
that be safe?
..... the insulated liner will carry all the hot gases away, and the
insert it self is double walled, so do you really need the integrity of
the canopy surrounding the insert at the bottom?

Keith

### micro-FAQ on wood # 020 P van Rijckevorsel Woodworking 0 September 24th 04 07:44 AM
### micro-FAQ on wood # 015 P van Rijckevorsel Woodworking 0 July 22nd 04 06:51 PM
Chimney liner advice Mike A UK diy 3 April 4th 04 08:35 AM
[Fwd: Chimney cap replacement questions] RB Home Repair 0 December 26th 03 07:13 PM
Advice for gas chimney PoP UK diy 4 October 18th 03 06:19 PM