twfsa

Default Bath room Fan Vents

After replacing the exhaust fan in the main bath and venting it to the eve
where there is a fresh air vent to ventlate the attic, I have been looking
at other houses, and have seen very few that vent out the roof thru a
special vent, I wonder if those without a roof vent are venting directly
into the attic.

I intend to install a roof vent when I re-shingle the roof this summer, I am
concerned about the roof vent being blocked when it snows.Sometimes there is
as now 10 inches of snow on the roof. I have alot of insulation in the attic
and the snow remains on the roof along time due to the insulation.

Tom

willshak

On 1/15/2005 1:10 PM US(ET), twfsa took fingers to keys, and typed the
following:

After replacing the exhaust fan in the main bath and venting it to the eve
where there is a fresh air vent to ventlate the attic, I have been looking
at other houses, and have seen very few that vent out the roof thru a
special vent, I wonder if those without a roof vent are venting directly
into the attic.

Can you see the back sides of the roofs. When possible, they should be
installed where they are unobtrusive.

--
Bill
Joseph Meehan

twfsa wrote:
After replacing the exhaust fan in the main bath and venting it to
the eve where there is a fresh air vent to ventlate the attic, I have
been looking at other houses, and have seen very few that vent out
the roof thru a special vent, I wonder if those without a roof vent
are venting directly into the attic.

I intend to install a roof vent when I re-shingle the roof this
summer, I am concerned about the roof vent being blocked when it
snows.Sometimes there is as now 10 inches of snow on the roof. I have
alot of insulation in the attic and the snow remains on the roof
along time due to the insulation.
Tom

Don't worry about the snow. It melts or gets blown away rather quickly
when the fan kicks in.

Maybe you did not see the vents or maybe they just don't have any. A
lot of builders don't do things right. Don't let that make you think what
is right is wrong. Have it done right when you re-roof.

--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

Kitchen lights under bath room - regulations? Seri UK diy 7 January 12th 05 09:43 PM
Bath advice Martin Wilson UK diy 2 November 13th 04 06:44 AM
Number of return vents vs. supply vents jeff Home Repair 6 November 9th 04 04:05 PM
Sealant around bath not setting! BraileTrail UK diy 14 January 14th 04 08:49 PM
Rubber strip for front edge of bath David W.E. Roberts UK diy 9 October 14th 03 11:50 AM